Skip to Content Skip to Menu

late subscription penalty

• pub
  • pub
5 years 8 months ago #310804 by pub
late subscription penalty was created by pub
Hello,

I would like to know how to make sure that when a person has not paid his subscription before the anniversary date and that it does then, a penalty of 10 euros must be applied to him.
In addition, if there are several years of delay I would like it to have as much penalty of 10 euros as a year late.

Thanks for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 7 months ago #310832 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic late subscription penalty
Negative promotions configured in CBSubs Promotions can be used to increase the price of a plan. You'll need to create a promotion that's always applied instead of a coupon. Set the value to -10 then under Conditions use something like the following.

First condition: This condition:
Any of the following plans subscriptions: YOUR_PLAN_HERE
Must be in state: Expired
Or can be purchased same time: No: those plan(s) must already be existing

That should increase the cost of the plan if it's expired. As for the years delay cost increase you'll need to use the "Dates / CB Fields Comparisons" conditions for the promotion to try and set that up. I'm guessing by checking the gap between last renewed date and expiration date maybe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

• pub
  • pub
5 years 7 months ago #311087 by pub
Replied by pub on topic late subscription penalty
Thank you it's perfect !

on the other hand I have another problem:
when someone is 3 years late, it offers him to pay once his contribution of one year and then when he reconnects, he still has to pay (because still not up to date) and again!
Can not we find a way to charge the years of delay directly?
PS: we are in a plan of 1 year, or we always pay the same price without any period of free

Thank you for your help

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 7 months ago #311114 by krileon
Sounds like you have your plans configured to not allow a free gap. Edit your plans and under the Pricing tab set "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows" back to default "Renewal starts at expiration date or at payment date - whichever happens first (allow overlap but no free gap)".

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• pub
  • pub
5 years 7 months ago #311122 by pub
Replied by pub on topic late subscription penalty
Thank you for your answer but it does not work ...
In fact I would like that when a person is 3 years late, it is proposed to subscribe for 4 years: the 3 years of delays + the new
And there, every time, she subscribes for 1 year and must do it 4 times ...
I hope to be clear ...
thank you so much

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #311134 by krileon
There's no option for that. If you want them to pay for past time they will have to renew 1 past year at a time. It won't bill them for 4 years all at once. I recommended using negative promotions to increase the price based off past expirations. Example conditions as follows for a promotion.

First condition: This condition:
Any of the following plans subscriptions: YOUR_PLAN_HERE
Must be in state: Expired
Or can be purchased same time: Yes: those plan(s) can already be existing or can be purchased same time

Date A, Field A or Value A: Order Date of the order wanting to use this promotion
Date B, Field B or Value B: Expiry Date of existing user subscriptions above
Condition 1 (> for Dates): For dates: Date A > Date B + 1 year (Date A must be later than 1 year after Date B )

Believe this should work and would require 3 promotions. First one being 1 year, second being 2 years, and 3rd being 3 years. The above for example should increase the price if the renewal is 1 year past the expiration date of the selected plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon