Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Auto Login with a CBSub plan

• joomally
  • joomally
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #317756 by joomally
Auto Login with a CBSub plan was created by joomally
I'm trying to get auto login to work, with a CBSub plan.
At the moment, once the registration and payment (with the 'dummy test method' payment gateway) are complete, it goes to a page that says

'Thank you for your payment of xxx for the xxx for xxx using dummy test-method. Your payment has been completed with transaction id 1586734960 and with subscription id 1.
Thank you for subscribing. You can manage your subscriptions anytime from your user profile.'

I can then login immediately.

I'm not sure why the Auto Action isn't working.

I have the following configuration settings:

Joomla User Options
1. New User Account Activation - None

Community Builder Configuration
1. Admin Approval - No
2. Email Confirmation - No

Joomla Plugin
System - CB Auto Actions is enabled and access is set to public
(This is my first Auto Action so I dont know if the plugin is working)

CB Subs Plan configuration (Registration CB workflows)
1. User Email Confirmation - Default (CB Setting)
2. User Approval by Moderator - Default (CB Setting)

CB Auto Actions: System Actions
I just clicked on 'Reinstall System Actions'. There were no errors, and the message was '93 system actions installed.'

Community Builder Plugins
CB Auto Actions is published and access level is 'Public'
version 8.0.0+build.2020.03.27.14.23.10.fb75dbf06

Is there something that I've missed ?
Thanks
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by joomally.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317771 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Login with a CBSub plan
The auto login system action only works with normal CB registrations. It will not work with CBSubs. There's no trigger to act on in CBSubs to trigger the login at the appropriate time. It'd end up being too early and doing a login with its associated redirect at payment complete page causes the user to miss the payment complete page information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• joomally
  • joomally
4 years 6 months ago #317783 by joomally
Replied by joomally on topic Auto Login with a CBSub plan
Thanks for the reply.

As a general rule, for our site, we would be happy for the user to miss the payment complete page information and be logged straight into the site. Is there some way to achieve this (even if it means hiring developers to custom code a trigger) ?

One particular issue I'm facing at the moment is that users' memberships are expiring and when they attempt to log in, they are immediately taken to a page with a (joomla) notice at the top that their membership has expired. and beneath it a list of plans. If they select and pay for a plan, then after payment they have to log in again before they have access to the site. This means that they are logging in twice. Is there any way to avoid this ?

Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317796 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Login with a CBSub plan

As a general rule, for our site, we would be happy for the user to miss the payment complete page information and be logged straight into the site.

You maybe happy with that, but your users might not and could come into question the legality of skipping payment confirmation.

Is there some way to achieve this (even if it means hiring developers to custom code a trigger) ?

I do not recommend having developers that are unfamiliar with CBSubs tampering with CBSubs as they could easily break the payment flow, but yes you could do that. Have added a feature ticket to review adding a trigger that could be acted on, but needs to be carefully considered how this is handled.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7939

One particular issue I'm facing at the moment is that users' memberships are expiring and when they attempt to log in, they are immediately taken to a page with a (joomla) notice at the top that their membership has expired. and beneath it a list of plans. If they select and pay for a plan, then after payment they have to log in again before they have access to the site. This means that they are logging in twice. Is there any way to avoid this ?

You have CBSubs configured to not allow free registration without a subscription so it's going to completely block their account until they subscribe. You can adjust this within CBSubs > Settings > Global. Otherwise no there is not a way to avoid this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• joomally
  • joomally
4 years 6 months ago #317806 by joomally
Replied by joomally on topic Auto Login with a CBSub plan
Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon