Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] subscriptions tab not visible to administrators

• joomally
  • joomally
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #318074 by joomally
I created an 'Admin only' tab on a user's profile.
Display: Tab Menu
Published: Yes
Position: Canvas Main Middle
Access Level: User Admin

This works as expected (when a 'User Admin' user views another user's profile, they see the 'Admin Only' tab.)

I then updated the 'CB Paid Subscriptions' Tab
Display: Tab Menu
Published: Yes
Position: Canvas Main Middle
Access Level: User Admin

When I log in as a user with viewing level 'User Admin', and I view another user's profile, I see the 'Admin Only' tab but don't see the 'CB Paid Subscriptions' tab.
When I log in as a Super User who also has 'User Admin' viewing levels, and I view another user's profile, I see both tabs.
When I log in as a Super User who doesn't have 'User Admin' viewing levels, and I view another user's profile, I dont see either tab.

I'm just trying to understand why the user with viewing level 'User Admin' is not seeing the Subscriptions Tab. (ie the first case above)

Thanks

Some settings:

'CB Paid Subscriptions: General plugin settings' -
'Plans and Subscriptions presentation', 'Show on CB User Profile' is set to 'Display Subscriptions Tab on User Profile'.

'Community Builder: Edit Configuration [CB Core]' -
'User Profile', 'Show Empty Tabs' is set to 'Yes'
'Profile View Access Level' - 'User Admin'
'Moderators View Access Level' - 'User Admin'
'Allow Moderators to Edit User Profiles' - 'Moderators and Super Administrators Only'

I dont have CB Conditional installed.

Thanks
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 5 months ago #318103 by krileon
Plan access is also checked before outputting the Subscriptions tab. Ensure the displayed user has access to the plans you want to give to them as it checks the profile owner against the plan; not the viewing admin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• joomally
  • joomally
4 years 5 months ago #318115 by joomally
Hi,
I did a fresh install to test this.

There are 3 users:
user
useradmin
superuser

There is only one plan, and it is set to 'Public'. It has no 'Static Conditions on already existing subscriptions and CB Fields and Dates to allow upgrades'

The 'Subscriptions' tab is 'Public'.

All other settings are as before.

What I found was that:
'user' can see their own subscriptions tab.
'useradmin' can see their own subscription tab.
'superuser' can see the subscriptions tab for 'user', 'useradmin' and themselves.
'useradmin' can't see the subscriptions tab for 'user' (they see user's profile, but not user's subscription tab)

Thanks,
Alice

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 5 months ago #318127 by krileon
Have you adjusted permissions for "useradmin" within CBSubs > Settings > Permissions? Specifically they need to have "Manage User Subscriptions" set to Allowed. Only Super Users have permission by default.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• joomally
  • joomally
4 years 5 months ago #318146 by joomally
great.
That solved it.
Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon