Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Welcome Email not Sending when adding a user in Front End

• rwootton
  • rwootton
10 years 4 months ago #245927 by rwootton
Hi

A Welcome email is successfully sent when adding a new user as Super Admin in the back end. However when a user adds a new user in the front end using the menu item 'Add user FrontEnd' the user is created but the Welcome Email is not sent.

Thanks

Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 4 months ago #245931 by nant

rwootton wrote: Hi

A Welcome email is successfully sent when adding a new user as Super Admin in the back end. However when a user adds a new user in the front end using the menu item 'Add user FrontEnd' the user is created but the Welcome Email is not sent.

Thanks

Richard

No idea what this add users frontend menu takes you to - maybe you installed something else?

There is no CB feature to allow users in frontend to add other users.

• rwootton
  • rwootton
10 years 4 months ago #245935 by rwootton
Hi

Yes sorry I am using the Add User Front End Component...

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/clients-a-communities/user-management/13753

..which stated it was integrated with CB so I presumed it would pick up the CB notification settings. However, I had not set it up correctly in the Menu Item settings because they were left at their default Global Configuration settings and I've turned off Joomla User Registration email send to prevent the duplicate emails issue. It is working fine now and I've attached the settings I used for reference just in case anyone else needs the front end user add facility.

Thanks

Rich
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon