Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to get Email Change to require confirmation again

• dtwsolutions
  • dtwsolutions
  • Add-ons
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #245936 by dtwsolutions
Hello! As the subject says, I need users to be sent an email to confirm their email address AFTER THEY CHANGE IT. They get the email on registration of course... but they can change their email address to anything after the account is active without any confirmation that it is a good address.

Ideally, when a user changes their email address, I'd like their account to be disabled automatically until they confirm the new email address. Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks!
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by dtwsolutions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 4 months ago #245950 by nant

dtwsolutions wrote: Hello! As the subject says, I need users to be sent an email to confirm their email address AFTER THEY CHANGE IT. They get the email on registration of course... but they can change their email address to anything after the account is active without any confirmation that it is a good address.

Ideally, when a user changes their email address, I'd like their account to be disabled automatically until they confirm the new email address. Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks!

The CB Reconfirm Email add-on which is part of the Professional membership does this:

Force users to reconfirm email each time they change their CB user profile email address. Users can revert change from their old email address or finalize confirmation from new email address.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dtwsolutions

• dtwsolutions
  • dtwsolutions
  • Add-ons
10 years 4 months ago #245957 by dtwsolutions
Awesome! I missed that one. Thanks for the reply and info!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon