Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Need to export entire DB

• cmrpc
  • cmrpc
5 months 1 week ago #338103 by cmrpc
Need to export entire DB was created by cmrpc
Hello all,

I am in the process of redoing a Joomla site and need to export the entire CB DB and settings to a new template and server. How is this done without screwing it up?

Thanks in Advance,

Chris

"People say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Why? Do they think there’s a shortage of bad ones?"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 months 6 days ago #338105 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Need to export entire DB
All of CBs data is stored in tables prefixed with the following.

_comprofiler
_groupjive
_cbsubs

That covers all our products including free CB. This is just CB database data though. There's files to consider as well. Typically all of CBs user uploads should be in the following folder and you may also want to migrate it.

/images/comprofiler

Now you still need to content with Joomla user data. You'll need their Joomla user to remain in sync with CB. Joomla user data is stored in the following tables.

_users
_user_profiles
_user_keys
_user_mfa

Finally you need to consider their usergroups and view access levels. Those are contained in the following.

_usergroups
_viewlevels
_user_usergroup_map

Is there a reason you need to move the data manually instead of just moving the entire install (files and database) then installing a new template?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cmrpc

• cmrpc
  • cmrpc
4 months 4 weeks ago #338138 by cmrpc
Replied by cmrpc on topic Need to export entire DB
I use a template that uses sp  page builder and just to upload the template and rearrange the content would take to long. Also, it doesn't like it when you do it and the mods get unstable. 

"People say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Why? Do they think there’s a shortage of bad ones?"

Moderators: beatnantkrileon