Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Actions on registration and validation

• Pachat
  • Pachat
11 years 6 months ago #225378 by Pachat
Hi,

On registration I want the user to give an email address that complies to a regular expression restriction (not only domain). This address will be verified by sending an email to it. The user will then be added to the "Member" group.

Later, the user may modify this address to any valid address.
But I want to keep the registration address in a readonly field.

My question is :

1°) May I do a copy of the email field to the readonly field with some other plugin that controls the registration form while the user fills it (I forgot the name of that plugin)

2°) should I use "CB Auto Action" to UPDATE ##_comprofiler just after registration in order to SET the readonly to be equal to the email field ?

3°) or rely on DomainRestriction Joomla Extension for 1°) (does 99% of the work)
plus "Auto Group for Community Builder" for 2°) (with a little hack).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 6 months ago #225388 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Actions on registration and validation

On registration I want the user to give an email address that complies to a regular expression restriction (not only domain). This address will be verified by sending an email to it. The user will then be added to the "Member" group.

CB already does this. Enable registration confirmation and edit your email field to add custom REGEX validation to it. You can even use our CB Reconfirm Email plugin to force them to confirm any email changes in profile edit too so they always are using a valid email address.

Later, the user may modify this address to any valid address.
But I want to keep the registration address in a readonly field.

I don't understand. How are they going to supply an email address if it's read only. Read only fields are still editable at registration, but are not at profile edit.

1°) May I do a copy of the email field to the readonly field with some other plugin that controls the registration form while the user fills it (I forgot the name of that plugin)

You copy the value of 1 field to another using a Field action in CB Auto Actions on the after registration and/or after profile update triggers.

2°) should I use "CB Auto Action" to UPDATE ##_comprofiler just after registration in order to SET the readonly to be equal to the email field ?

No, use a Field action.

3°) or rely on DomainRestriction Joomla Extension for 1°) (does 99% of the work)
plus "Auto Group for Community Builder" for 2°) (with a little hack).

Just use edit your Email field and add whatever REGEX validation you want to it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Pachat
  • Pachat
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #227939 by Pachat
Replied by Pachat on topic Actions on registration and validation
Works great. Thanks !

krileon wrote: I don't understand. How are they going to supply an email address if it's read only. Read only fields are still editable at registration, but are not at profile edit.

I have another read only field where I copy the email used at registration.
They still have access to their email and can edit.
But not the other field where I keep the first (alumni) address they provided.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Pachat.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon