Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Read more location text in a plan

• WebJIVE
  • WebJIVE
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #226320 by WebJIVE
Replied by WebJIVE on topic Read more location text in a plan
What might work is since you have a content plugin that creates the readmore link, why not have it run a query to pull the read more text during that same DB query? The in the plan definition, you could type in what you want for readmore text.

This is one of those sites where you have a base free plan, and a paid content plan and its very hard to put in a readmore (simple one) that covers both bases. Readers are simple and easy to confuse. Most of the people that use this site are doctors world wide. ;)

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by WebJIVE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 5 months ago #226348 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Read more location text in a plan
The problem isn't getting data to it the problem is you can have an unlimited number of plans protecting the article. So which do you display? First one? Last one? All of them? None? Really the only solution is a generic string. Providing a plan name shouldn't relieve any confusion though. I suggest changing the string to be very clear they need a subscription to continue reading (when they click it'll show which plan or plans allow access) that best fits your userbase.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• WebJIVE
  • WebJIVE
11 years 5 months ago #226367 by WebJIVE
Gotcha.. we have 1 plan protecting one set of categories and another protecting the rest. What you referring to is when they click the link, it takes them to a generic subscription page with all the plans.

The only way I could think to get around that is if CBSubs content plugin queried the plan protecting that content category?

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

• nant
  • nant
11 years 5 months ago #226378 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Read more location text in a plan

WebJIVE wrote: Gotcha.. we have 1 plan protecting one set of categories and another protecting the rest. What you referring to is when they click the link, it takes them to a generic subscription page with all the plans.

The only way I could think to get around that is if CBSubs content plugin queried the plan protecting that content category?

Chiming in here ... I believe the issue with such a feature is what should be done if the same content is protected by multiple plans.

Your case is simple (protecting content with only one plan) but most use cases have multiple plans protecting the same content.

• WebJIVE
  • WebJIVE
11 years 5 months ago #226393 by WebJIVE
Agreed.. When I sit back and think about the other ways to configure this, it could be done but, at what cost to fattening up CBSubs core.

On that subject, when/if are you guys going to drop support for Joomla/Mambo 1.0 and Joomla 1.5? It seems as though feature and release cycles would speed up if you guys didn't have to deal with all that legacy code.

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

• nant
  • nant
11 years 5 months ago #226399 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Read more location text in a plan

WebJIVE wrote: Agreed.. When I sit back and think about the other ways to configure this, it could be done but, at what cost to fattening up CBSubs core.

I also do not see a clear feature request specification here.

On that subject, when/if are you guys going to drop support for Joomla/Mambo 1.0 and Joomla 1.5? It seems as though feature and release cycles would speed up if you guys didn't have to deal with all that legacy code.

At this point it does not cost us any development effort really.

Most effort is consumed trying to work-around new Joomla bugs.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon