Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Auto Action - can it implement multiple field value replacements in one action?

• mike5151
  • mike5151
11 years 5 months ago #226280 by mike5151
Hello

Just wanted to check my logic and understanding of Auto Action.

I have a use case where the 'member' signs up to a subscription plan, is approved on payment of their subscription and then has the opportunity to register their child's details for an afterschool club. Seperate address fields are required (for reporting purposes) for both the profile owner and the child.

I have created a boolean field, which asks if the child's regular home address is the same as that of the profile owner.

I have then created an Auto Action which on 'yes' to the previous question will copy the parents address field details to the child's address details fields. One field at a time! Is it possible to construct an autoaction which will reset the field values of several fields at once?

Kind regards

Mike
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #226319 by krileon

Is it possible to construct an autoaction which will reset the field values of several fields at once?

No, not currently but I am looking into it for a later release. In the mean time you can try using a Query action and just update _comprofiler with a database query. Example as follows.
Code:
UPDATE `#__comprofiler` SET `cb_field1` = '[cb_myfield1]', `cb_field2` = '[cb_myfield2]' WHERE `id` = '[user_id]'

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3989

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike5151

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon