Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Paypal

• kj2012
  • kj2012
11 years 5 months ago #226630 by kj2012
Paypal was created by kj2012
Is there a way for a user to pay for a service charge (example balance shown in the cb_servicebalance field) by clicking on a html/Paypal link (field: delimiter) then sent to the Paypal website to pay for the charge?

My goals is to pass the variables (service charge) from the user profile to the Paypal window.

Do I need to use CBSubs for this because technically users aren't subscribers?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 5 months ago #226643 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Paypal
Not securely, you should use CBSubs then use CBSubs Promotions to apply a negative promotion (increases the price) using your field as a substitution. CBSubs provides Merchandise, Subscription, and Donation plans; you don't have to use subscription plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• kj2012
  • kj2012
11 years 5 months ago #226711 by kj2012
Replied by kj2012 on topic Paypal
Sounds good, only problem is I have no idea how to apply this to my situation. Can you provide some steps?

Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 5 months ago #226742 by krileon
I suggest reviewing the CBSubs documentation as it'll walk you through configuration and provide step by step instructions for various usecases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• kj2012
  • kj2012
11 years 5 months ago #226784 by kj2012
Replied by kj2012 on topic Paypal
cool, thanks I'll look into that. Any reason you can think why when I installed CBSUBS I get a "blank white screen" in the admin and front end when I publish the plugin?

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 5 months ago #226809 by krileon

Any reason you can think why when I installed CBSUBS I get a "blank white screen" in the admin and front end when I publish the plugin?

Normally memory related. Can also be due to a certain function that CBSubs uses being disabled by your host. Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then navigate to CBSubs > Settings and see if any on-screen error is present. If not then check server error logs to see if any errors present.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon