Skip to Content Skip to Menu

MetaMod recipe - Comprofiler field empty then display "lightbox"

• kj2012
  • kj2012
11 years 5 months ago #227052 by kj2012
My goal is to launch a lightbox with a pre-developed "Fabrak" form inside of it. This feature will be based on if the logged-in user has selected a radio button option. If he or she did not then the lightbox will pop up with the form

Here is what I have so far...

user_id = $db->getEscaped((int)($user->id));

if ($user_id > 0) {
$query = "select * from #__comprofiler where user_id = '$user_id';";
$db->setQuery( $query );
$row = $db->loadObject();

$cb_communityportal = $row->cb_communityportal; // this is the field where the user selects a community

if ($cb_communityportal == null) return 183; else return;/* check if user selected a audience group, "183" is the module ID of the Ari Sexy Lightbox module*/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 5 months ago #227072 by krileon
Please see the below tutorial for including CB API externally and constructing a CB user object with it. You should avoid direct database queries for CB data.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/120-api-usage/18357-including-cb-api-for-usage-outside-of-cb

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/120-api-usage/18359-establishing-a-cb-user-object

You can find more CB API related tutorials below.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/120-api-usage

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• kj2012
  • kj2012
11 years 5 months ago #227097 by kj2012
Thanks krileon, this is good information, but let me ask you, can my goal be achieved with an Auto Action?

Type: CODE
condition: [cb_communityportal] Empty
Code Action: Some sort of JQuery or Javascript that show's the ari sexylightbox module

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 5 months ago #227099 by krileon
CB Auto Actions acts on CB triggers only. So I guess it entirely depends on where you need what. To load in a module you'd need to use a Code action with PHP method and execute Joomla API to render a module. So locations you could use this at are extremely limited. If all you want to do is show a lightbox when a field is empty when viewing a profile for example then yes CB Auto Actions can easily do this with a Code action and jQuery method.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• kj2012
  • kj2012
11 years 4 months ago #227885 by kj2012
Where would the cb API's be implemented? In the index.php page? or a separate page within the cb component directory?

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 4 months ago #227906 by krileon
It doesn't need to be added anywhere if you're doing this within CB it self or using CB Auto Actions to act on a trigger. It's only needed if you're trying to add CB usages to MetaMod and would need to add it to MetaMod so you can use CB API throughtout MetaMod.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon