Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Subs Plan Link from URL leads to 'no screen'

• mikevg152
  • mikevg152
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #227303 by mikevg152
Hi

I'm using CB Subscriptions Plugin (v3.0) for a subscription system where all the plans are mutually exclusive.

I have used the plan URL's on a Joomla Article page to provide a link to the plan - and made them available to both registered and unregistered users

If an unregistered user selects the link and creates a user record, the subscription plan then processes normally

If a registered user clicks the link for any class of membership, the next page : Subscriptions, shows only the text 'Your chosen subscriptions:' and nothing else. I would expect to see a choice so that the user could choose a method of payment.

I'm sure this is a simple problem, but would appreciate some assistance on getting this to work - most other aspects of the system seem to work fine.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 5 months ago #227310 by krileon
You need to enable upgrades. Registered users making a purchase is always considered an Upgrade unless they had no subscription to begin with. See in your Workflows screenshot where upgrades is set to "No" with conditions; those conditions likely are not being met.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mikevg152
  • mikevg152
11 years 5 months ago #227316 by mikevg152
Replied by mikevg152 on topic CB Subs Plan Link from URL leads to 'no screen'
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Whatever the state of the Upgrade flags, the problem still exists : I worked out that 1 applied, but the others aren't necessarily that precise. However, whatever permutations I then apply (Yes, Yes, No/Yes, Yes, Yes) I still get the same result.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 5 months ago #227328 by krileon
Please provide a screenshot of what you're seeing and a screenshot of the upgrade parameters on the workflows tab of your plans. Please also ensure you allow upgrades globally within CBSubs > Settings > Global.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mikevg152
  • mikevg152
11 years 5 months ago #227340 by mikevg152
Following your last, the problem was in the second of the Global Settings, 'Show subscription plans upgrade possibilities:'

Our system uses mutually exclusive Subscription Plans with no ability to upgrade between them - I therefore had this set to 'No'.

It seems that this prevented a new subscriber from 'upgrading' from no subscription to a valid one.

An understanding problem - thanks for the steer
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon