Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Multiple drop-down selectable mechanism from the same list

11 years 4 months ago #227610 by BeautifulminD
Dear support,

Please, what is the simplest way to have many drop-down "country" fields, I mean something rather than duplicating countries' names in the database.

The user could have 4 or even up to 8 experiences and a country field for each, do I have to create 5×8= 40 fields one by one for this?

Experience (1)
Title:
Start:
End:

Experience (2)
Title:
Start:
End:

Experience (3)
Title:
Start:
End:

wish you all the best

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 4 months ago #227627 by krileon

The user could have 4 or even up to 8 experiences and a country field for each, do I have to create 5×8= 40 fields one by one for this?

Unfortunately yes. For CB 2.0 we're looking into re-useable fields, but for now no such feature exists and you must create them all 1 by 1.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 4 months ago #227638 by BeautifulminD
Thank you Krileon for your replay. cool! what's its expected release date?

Please is there a compatible way to map many drop-down lists to the same db set? (e.g countries, states, nationalities, international phone codes, languages).

Best regards

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 4 months ago #227640 by krileon

what's its expected release date?

Hopefully have a working beta by end of the year.

Please is there a compatible way to map many drop-down lists to the same db set? (e.g countries, states, nationalities, international phone codes, languages).

No, not without creating a new fieldtype plugin that can do this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon