Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#5030] Edit 'You have a pending connection' email

• bins
  • bins
9 years 8 months ago #258221 by bins
Quick Update:

I am getting a lot of complaints that people are clicking to connect and getting an error.

This looks to be as simple as they are not logged in. Be default, can a relevant message be added?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bins
  • bins
9 years 8 months ago #258222 by bins
I am being stupid!

Where is the language file for me to edit?

Cant I use a language over ride?

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 8 months ago #258228 by krileon
I need to know what error you're wanting to translate. Otherwise I've no idea what to suggest. It could be a Joomla access error or you could be seeing CB profile access error; I don't know, need more details.

To translate CB you need to install a CB language plugin. For example the English language plugin. Once done you can change strings within it by finding its folder and files in CBs language folder below.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• bins
  • bins
9 years 8 months ago #258230 by bins
The error is because the member is not logged in, so something like 'you are not authorised to access this page'.

I do not want to translate, I want to add the message, please 'Please ensure that you are logged in' or similar to the connection request email

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 8 months ago #258231 by krileon
That's the following language string.

Code:
'UE_NOT_AUTHORIZED' => 'You are not authorized to view this page!'

It's a generic access denied error though so I would keep any additions as generic as possible. Asking them to login should be ok though and fits most scenarios I believe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• bins
  • bins
9 years 8 months ago #258232 by bins
Yeh - I do not want to edit this.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon