Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#5222] CB Menu items appear in wrong context

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #261903 by erichburkhard
[#5222] CB Menu items appear in wrong context was created by erichburkhard
I have the following environment: Joomla 3.4.1 / CB 2.0.7 / latest Udddeim version - I upgraded from CB 1.9 to 2.0.7. and now I have to following strange behaviour....If I click on the menu 'Member search' a user list will be generated with the members of my community (don't look at the undefined language strings - this is not the problem at the Moment - I will fix this later) which is correct....but the weird thing is that the following cb menus should NOT appear on the left Hand side (because in this context there is no user selected at the moment). The menuitems: 'Send Private message' , 'Add connection' , 'Report User' should be invisible in the 'Community Menu' section. Before the upgrade to 2.0.7 everything was correct and These 3 menu items did not appear when the user generated a userlist. How can I make these 3 menus invisible in this status of the website?

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 6 months ago #261965 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Menu items appear in wrong context
It should only be doing that if displayedUser function has been called with a user id to set the displayed user to that id. Do you've any caching enabled? If so try purging it as maybe module caching is enabled (edit the module and disable its caching as well).

After upgrading to CB 2.x have you also upgraded your various plugins and extensions like CB Content Module to ensure CB 2.x compatibility? If not please see the below page.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 months ago #262060 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic CB Menu items appear in wrong context
Hi Kyle - my plugins are all up do date and compatible with CB 2.0.7 and the Joomla Version - and the caching is already switched off....but it didn't help - and by the way also the CB Login module does not refresh after a language Change ?!? ...only if I press the browser refresh button - very strange - before the update from CB 1.9.1 to CB 2.0.7 I didn't have These issues - any other ideas? regards

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #262065 by krileon
So it's only doing this after a language change? What are you using to change languages? Does the menu items correct after a refresh as well?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by krileon.

9 years 6 months ago #262081 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic CB Menu items appear in wrong context
Hi Kyle - to do it easier to understand what happens I made some screenshot. I Show you the transitions of the Website from german to english (but the Problem exists also the other way round)

1. we start in the Status where everything is in GERMAN ....look at the screenshot ...the whole Website is in German which is correct...

2. Now let's click on the 'GB'-flag .....as you can see in the screenshot, (nearly) everything changes to english except the Content of the 'community menu' menu and the 'login' menu...now it Looks as follows:

3. now you click on the browser refresh button. As you see no also the Content of the two menus ('Community menu' and ' Login' menu) changes to english

Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 6 months ago #262101 by krileon
My best guess is that would be module caching, but it could also be the language toggling is not happening early enough for the other modules to pick up the change. CB just uses the language that Joomla has set, but we set our language in our system plugin. So if your language toggling doesn't happen before that then CB won't see it until next page load. If the toggling has its own system plugin then ensure it's ordered before CBs in Extensions > Plugin Manager so it can process first.

As for those menu items showing when they shouldn't I was not able to confirm. You should be using the below substitution in order to output CB Menu as a module.

[cb:usertab tab="17" user="#displayedOrMe" /]

Please try installing the CB 2.x nightly found below then see if the menu items continue to display incorrectly. If they do will investigate further here to see what could possible cause it other day something setting displayedUser.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/640-community-builder-nightly-build

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon