Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Hiding Description of Tab

9 years 6 months ago #262654 by Intellitech
Hiding Description of Tab was created by Intellitech
Hi,
I am hiding a tab viewable by certain people only based on conditions.

But the description of the tab still appears and showing to this group who are not to see the tab.

How can the Tab Description be hidden from this selected group's view?

Please advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 6 months ago #262701 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Hiding Description of Tab
Where is the tab description still showing? What tab is doing this? Tab you've created in CB > Tab Management or a plugins tab? Nothing should show at all if the user can't access the tabs view access level, which is configured by editing the tab in CB > Tab Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 months ago #262801 by Intellitech
Replied by Intellitech on topic Hiding Description of Tab
There is a "Membership Renewal" tab which was created in Tab Management.
This tab should NOT display to certain users with a particular membership type.

Although the tab can be successfully hidden from users of this one membership type, the Description (Description: This description appears only on user edit, not on profile (For profile text, use delimiter fields)) still appears in Edit view to this membership type.

Is there a way to hide both the tab and description from certain users?

Is there a conditional setting which is not set correctly?

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 6 months ago #262810 by krileon
How are you hiding the tab? If it's based off subscription you should be using CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection integration to hide it, which should hide the entire tab (description included). Ensure you've set it to detailed mode so you can set its edit display to be restricted in addition to its profile view display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #263183 by Intellitech
Replied by Intellitech on topic Hiding Description of Tab
The workflow which I have configured does not user CBSubs at all.
Purely just using CB and its default Tab Management + a few CB Plugins.

Is there something else I should be clicking the the Tab Management for Conditional field setting?

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 5 months ago #263230 by krileon
Sorry, I don't understand your issue. You've set the View Access Level for a tab to something the user does not have access to, but the tab description is showing anyway? That would imply they've access to the tab as tab access is handled at the query so they wouldn't even have the tab object available to parse for description. I recommend double checking your view access level and ensure the correct usergroups are selected.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon