Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Hiding Description of Tab

9 years 5 months ago #263431 by Intellitech
Replied by Intellitech on topic Hiding Description of Tab
Ok.. Let me put in detail how the tab should be displayed.

1) All users are Registered users.
2) Among Registered Users, there is a selection list of Membership Types (there are 4 types)
3) There is this "Renewal Instructions" tab created.
4) The displaying of this tab should display to only 3 membership types among the 4. (Hide & show using Conditions)

Issue - The tab can be hidden from 1 of the membership types. But the description of the tab (ie the text that appears below) even though the tab is hidden.

I need to be able to hide both the tab and description for this 1 membership type.

Hope this clarifies your queries below.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 5 months ago #263448 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Hiding Description of Tab
The entire tab should be hidden. It shouldn't render at all. Please provide a screenshot of what the tab is displaying and how you've configured it to hide. I don't understand if you're using ACL (View Access Level), CB Conditionals and a field to hide the tab, CB Privacy to control its edit display, or CBSubs to control its access. I need specific details of how you're hiding it for me to attempt to replicate the scenario. In all of those cases the entire tab object should be removed and nothing regarding the tab should be displaying. The only exception is if you're using CB Conditional and show/hiding all the fields on the tab instead of show/hiding the entire tab it self.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #263530 by Intellitech
Hi,
Give me sometime to get the screenshots over to you.

9 years 5 months ago #263697 by Intellitech
Hi,
please find attached the screenshot.

let me know if any configurations are incorrect.

Tab is temporarily unpublished
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 5 months ago #263722 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Hiding Description of Tab
Oh, you're massively out of date. I've no idea what bugs maybe present in the releases you're using. Early versions of CB Conditional just replaced the HTML. Latest releases completely remove it from the tabs object array in addition to replacing the HTML. My guess is your issue is due to using out of date releases. If possible clone your site, upgrade to CB 2.x, install latest CB Conditional and see if your issue persists, but am unable to confirm here on latest releases. As we do not maintain archived releases so I don't know what to suggest, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #263863 by Intellitech
Oh dear..
I think i did an upgrade before when the site was in progress, and noticed that the form in the content pane on the site was misaligned.
So we did not use the latest versions for it.

will see what can be done form my end, as the site is now live and accepting real-time data.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon