Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to add php 5.3.10 (or higher) to 1 and 1 Basic Linux and Plesk Platform?

• flyboyhi
  • flyboyhi
9 years 5 months ago #263775 by flyboyhi
How do I install another version of PHP (5.3.10 or higher) on an existing centOS configuration? I don't want to remove 5.3.3 and I want to make both versions available based on what web application I install per domain.

I want to install Joomla and CB to my virtual server at 1 and 1 hosting site. I have basic knowledge and can run command lines as needed. But, I am not a coder or advanced in other areas of such server.

I have a virtual server with 1 and 1 and they install by default CentOS 6 with Parallels Plesk Panel 12 (64-bit) which includes a patched version of php 5.3.3 (but nothing coded higher).

When I go to install the available applications on one of the domain accounts I want to install Joomla (WordPress works fine on another domain) so I can put community builder on top of the Jommla. But, Joomla won't install since it see's php 5.3.3 (patched) and wants 5.3.10 at a minimum.

The 1and1 Plesk that is installed does not upgrade the php in the Parralles installer.

By command line instructions what can I do to:
- "ADD" a higher version of php (while retaining the patched 5.3.3 to keep plesk happy)
- How to make both versions available when I configure the hosting for an account.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• flyboyhi
  • flyboyhi
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #263776 by flyboyhi
Sorry, I have posted this in the wrong forum.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by flyboyhi. Reason: wrong forum

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 5 months ago #263788 by krileon
Please understand we do not provide general support, but support for our products only. We can not advise you on hosting matters. You will need to contact 1&1.

With that said 1&1 appears to have the following tutorials for upgrading PHP.

help.1and1.com/servers-c37684/parallels-plesk-c37703/using-the-product-c85155/update-php-on-your-1and1-server-using-plesk-a730997.html

help.1and1.com/hosting-c37630/scripts-and-programming-languages-c85099/php-c37728/change-the-default-version-of-php-in-the-control-panel-a792330.html

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon