Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Activity

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 5 months ago #264163 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity
Shouldn't matter as it sends the user object of the the profile owner to the activity stream API. I'm unable to duplicate your issue. Do you have caching enabled as maybe the page was cached?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• marketsetc
  • marketsetc
9 years 5 months ago #264165 by marketsetc
Replied by marketsetc on topic CB Activity
I clear cache every time I exhale.

I do have quite a few plugins doing their dirty work. Opcache, Varnish, JCH Optimize (at least until I need Anti-Spam).

I will try to provide you steps to replicate.

• marketsetc
  • marketsetc
9 years 5 months ago #264167 by marketsetc
Was able to replicate; sending you a PM with my creds.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #264170 by krileon
There's query caching built into the stream API, but I can't see how it'd cause this unless the user object sent to the stream was wrong to begin with. To test this make the below change.

IN: libraries/CBLib/CB/Plugin/Activity/Activity.php
ON: Line 275 (note this maybe incorrect, as I'm on a dev build)
Code:
if ( ! isset( $cache[$cacheId] ) ) {
TO:
Code:
//if ( ! isset( $cache[$cacheId] ) ) {
ON: Line 304 (note this maybe incorrect, as I'm on a dev build)
Code:
}
TO:
Code:
//}

In short this is commenting out the IF statement responsible for the cache of the query. I don't see how this could be causing your issue as it's static caching, which just caches the function results ran in the same process. In this case that's not happening as it's only being called once.

You can also enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration. Then view the users profile to see if any errors display. If none check the query log at the bottom of the page and find the query to the _activity table and see what user_id it's using in its query.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by krileon.

• marketsetc
  • marketsetc
9 years 5 months ago #264171 by marketsetc
Will do and advise.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #264172 by krileon
Bah, disregard the above. Your test user is connected to your admin user. When viewing your own profile you will see the activity of your self and the users you're connected to. When the admin views the test users profile they see nothing, because the test user has no activity. Everything is working fine and as intended.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon