Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Activity: Linked Names through "@Peter Smith" does link to "@Peter Smith Smith"

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #267537 by avateamcom
Hey Kyle,

just installed the CB Activity final and unfortunately, the @-Problem still persists..
do I have to fix it by myself?

Did I misunderstand your term "have fixed for stable"?

Thanks for a short reply.

Best regards,
Stefan
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by avateamcom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #267709 by avateamcom
Hello Kyle,

unfortunately this still doesn't work. I see, the fix you mentioned is in your code, but I still get the "@Peter Smith Smith"-Output. What else can I do here?

Thanks for a reply!

Stefan
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by avateamcom.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #267722 by krileon
If you use a @NAME and you've 2 people with the same name it will match and replace based off the first person it finds. If 1 is "Peter" and the other is "Peter Smith", but it matched the first one then it's only going to replace "Peter" because that's the only part of their name they provided. I am unable to confirm your issue on stable CB Activity 3.0.0 so you most likely are hitting this scenario. To match a specific user then mention a username or a user id.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by krileon.

9 years 3 months ago #267727 by avateamcom
Hello Kyle,

theres no user with first name Peter only, but a user "Peter Smith", otherwise his username is "peter". Maybe this is the problem?
In this case, I never can select "@Peter Smith", right? Could the parsing be changed to first search for first- and lastname and then for username?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Stefan

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 3 months ago #267728 by krileon
It replaces name before it replaces username. So that should not be the case. I created a test user with your exact case and it appears to be working perfectly fine. Please see the below.

Display:

Edit:

Please ensure you've CB Activity 3.0.0 stable installed and if you've any caching ensure you've purged the caching.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

9 years 3 months ago #267732 by avateamcom
Hello Kyle,

first, thank you for your patience with me and this problem!

I tried again with deleting all caches everywhere. I used a user who does not have the same username as his firstname. But the problem still persists. I have installed CB activity stable 3.0.0.

Username: Bastiphysio

Output: @Sebastian Schmidt Schmidt. the second "Schmidt" is just text. So, the "@Sebastian" is replaced by "@Sebastian Schmidt": Please see attachment for output.

I can give you admin- and testuser-access, if you want.

Hope, you have another idea, why this isn't working at all.. :/

Best regards,
Stefan
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon