Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Connect - on CONTACT INFO

• shrivapr
  • shrivapr
9 years 3 weeks ago #270980 by shrivapr
CB Connect - on CONTACT INFO was created by shrivapr
Hello,

Currently, CB connect allows me to link my social media logins via the login form only.

I would like to enable users to click on a button on their CB profile "contact info" tab, against FB ID, Linked In ID etc.

How do I do this?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 3 weeks ago #270987 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect - on CONTACT INFO
Enabling linking (should already be enabled by default) then they can link their social media accounts from the buttons in the login form.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• shrivapr
  • shrivapr
9 years 3 weeks ago #270988 by shrivapr
Replied by shrivapr on topic CB Connect - on CONTACT INFO
Thank you Kyle. Yes, I am aware of that; I would like to include this capability in the profile form itself rather than ask users to move to the login form area.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 3 weeks ago #270995 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect - on CONTACT INFO
You'll have to manually construct the HTML for that then using a Custom HTML form. Your buttons or links should send them to the following URLs.

Facebook:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbconnect&provider=facebook

Google:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbconnect&provider=google

Twitter:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbconnect&provider=twitter

You can also condition these to not display if they're already connected using a substitution IF statement on the ID fields. Example as follows.

[cb:if fb_userid=""]LINK BUTTON HERE[/cb:if]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon