Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Language Overrides

• AlexRag
  • AlexRag
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #273423 by AlexRag
[SOLVED] Language Overrides was created by AlexRag
I was wondering what is the recommended best practice to utilizing language overrides? From what I have read on posts, I need to install a language plugin.

Specifically, I was looking for the best place to rename the title "CB Forgot Login" on the forgot login page to simply "Forgot Login"
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 11 months ago #273439 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Language Overrides
You can use a language override plugin for simple string overrides. Please see the below tutorial regarding this.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/227556-cb-language-override-video-tutorial-resources

The title on the login page is the module title so you should only need to edit your module and change its title.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• AlexRag
  • AlexRag
8 years 11 months ago #273460 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Language Overrides
Thanks Kyle. The link will come in handy.

The specific item I was referring doesn't appear to be a module. It's the page a user is lead to to reset the password (.../cb-forgot-login/lostpassword).

I am guessing this will probably be handled my the language override steps you referred me to.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 11 months ago #273462 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Language Overrides
I see, that looks like the menu items page title. Within Menus > Community Builder edit the CB Forgot Login menu item and change its title. Not sure why that's showing though, but could be part of your templates layout. Also try switching to default protostar Joomla template to see if issue resolves.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• AlexRag
  • AlexRag
8 years 11 months ago #273463 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Language Overrides
Oh wow, you're right! I didn't even notice that set of menus! Must have been the defaults when I upgraded to 2.x Anyways, it's all sorted out. :)

I will still look into the language override tips as I'm sure the info will come in handy for something else.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Cheers!
Alex
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon