Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Re: GroupJive

• Fuquan
  • Fuquan
8 years 11 months ago #273431 by Fuquan
Re: GroupJive was created by Fuquan
Dear Kyle/Nick,

Just a few quick questions as I have just downloaded the RC release of GroupJive and need to wrap my head around a few configuration issues in order to get it working like it used to be like.

1) Is there not supposed to be a Menu item pluginclass (cbgroupjive) that one should either system link to or directly link to in the Joomla MENU'S section? As I no longer see one there and my old links now has a "BLANK" entry in the 'Menu Item Type' and there is also nothing showing for GroupJive when you try and SELECT/Look for an option.

2) Although it took a while (after a few resets on the CB Tools and Joomla System Check-Ins etc.) for the BackEnd admin "GroupJive" menu to show up when I look in the configuration (using that menu or going via the Plugin Manager in CB) all previous groups are still showing as published etc (everything is still the same as before the GrouJive upgrade) but nothing shows up on the FRONT END beyond The "Uncategorized" New Group option which says there are "no groups available" etc.

This problem I guess is due to the fact that I am unable to link to a GroupJive Menu Item in the Joomla Menu Item section. Thus, has the new upgrade changed somewhat so as to no longer require using the Joomla Menu Item to "Link" a menu item? As like I mentioned there is nothing (GroupJive) in that "SELECT" list. I also (just for extra measure) checked the Community Builder options incase it could have somehow been placed under there but again NOTHING there for GroupJive.

If it has changed are there any configuration/integration documentation for us to refer to?

3) Finally, as a curios side note does GroupJive come with any form of Templates? As I noticed an option for template files with a path to it in the Community Builder: Plugin section under the "General" tab but only "default" is offered as an option?

Pending your feedback!

Thanks
Fuquan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 11 months ago #273432 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: GroupJive

Fuquan wrote: Dear Kyle/Nick,

Just a few quick questions as I have just downloaded the RC release of GroupJive and need to wrap my head around a few configuration issues in order to get it working like it used to be like.

1) Is there not supposed to be a Menu item pluginclass (cbgroupjive) that one should either system link to or directly link to in the Joomla MENU'S section? As I no longer see one there and my old links now has a "BLANK" entry in the 'Menu Item Type' and there is also nothing showing for GroupJive when you try and SELECT/Look for an option.

2) Although it took a while (after a few resets on the CB Tools and Joomla System Check-Ins etc.) for the BackEnd admin "GroupJive" menu to show up when I look in the configuration (using that menu or going via the Plugin Manager in CB) all previous groups are still showing as published etc (everything is still the same as before the GrouJive upgrade) but nothing shows up on the FRONT END beyond The "Uncategorized" New Group option which says there are "no groups available" etc.

This problem I guess is due to the fact that I am unable to link to a GroupJive Menu Item in the Joomla Menu Item section. Thus, has the new upgrade changed somewhat so as to no longer require using the Joomla Menu Item to "Link" a menu item? As like I mentioned there is nothing (GroupJive) in that "SELECT" list. I also (just for extra measure) checked the Community Builder options incase it could have somehow been placed under there but again NOTHING there for GroupJive.

If it has changed are there any configuration/integration documentation for us to refer to?

3) Finally, as a curios side note does GroupJive come with any form of Templates? As I noticed an option for template files with a path to it in the Community Builder: Plugin section under the "General" tab but only "default" is offered as an option?

Pending your feedback!

Thanks
Fuquan

Regarding your menu question, please take a look at our latest GroupJive tutorials here:
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7NgllEH-tkUHQc7rRqDw-Pn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fuquan

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 11 months ago #273444 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GroupJive

Create a menu item to all groups or all categories. Also be sure to check your categories access to ensure it's valid.

GJ 3.x has same frontend template usage as GJ 2.x. You can find the default template files below.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/templates/default/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Fuquan
  • Fuquan
8 years 11 months ago #273474 by Fuquan
Replied by Fuquan on topic Re: GroupJive
Thanks Nick/Kyle got it sorted now as the tutorial was very helpful. Just one quick question can the "CATEGORIES" be nested in anyway? As that would better organize groups?

Thanks
Fuquan

• nant
  • nant
8 years 11 months ago #273483 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: GroupJive

Fuquan wrote: Thanks Nick/Kyle got it sorted now as the tutorial was very helpful. Just one quick question can the "CATEGORIES" be nested in anyway? As that would better organize groups?

Thanks
Fuquan

Nope - categories and groups cannot be nested in GJ 3.0.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon