Skip to Content Skip to Menu

AutoActions: Renew twice

• poml
  • poml
8 years 3 months ago #283919 by poml
AutoActions: Renew twice was created by poml

Auto Actions: [...]
Question: We discussed earlier, I now made myself an autoaction that fires when somebody pays one of my merchandise plans. The action is supposed to subscribe the user twice to the same subscription, i.e., 2 years. This works somehow, but it only happens once. So the user gets subscribed one year, but not the second. Any idea why? Manually via the subscriptions tab I can renew multiple times one by one without problem.
And: If the user is renewed by an autoaction, does he get his confirmation emails, too?

As discussed here:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/234051-updating-cb-1-9-1-to-4-0-12-and-cbsubs-3-0-0-to-4-1-0?start=36#283773

I have problems with an autoaction with two actions, both renewal of the same plan, so the user gets renewed 1+1=2 years. It only gets renewed once. Any ideas why?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 3 months ago #283937 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic AutoActions: Renew twice
It won't renew an already active subscription. See the below ticket regarding this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5819

You can try working around this by removing the below condition.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbautoactions/models/cbsubs.php
ON: Line 60-62
Code:
if ( $subscriptionStatus != 'A' ) { $subscription->activate( $user, $_CB_framework->now(), true, 'R' ); }
TO:
Code:
$subscription->activate( $user, $_CB_framework->now(), true, 'R' );

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• poml
  • poml
8 years 2 months ago #283999 by poml
Replied by poml on topic AutoActions: Renew twice
Thanks for the workaround.

Question: If the user is renewed by an autoaction, does he get his confirmation emails, too? And also, are admin emails sent out?

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 2 months ago #284005 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic AutoActions: Renew twice
Yes, the entire normal subscription workflows should still work. So emails, integrations, etc.. should all function normally.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon