Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Subscription Use Case instructions

• cpaschen
  • cpaschen
8 years 1 month ago - 7 years 9 months ago #286153 by cpaschen
I've looked through the CB Subs manual and reviewed tutorials and videos and also searched the forum, but can't find how to set-up what I'm expecting is a basic subscription configuration.

Here are the details:

Subscription A - Free Lifetime

Subscription B1 - Paid, 3-month
Subscription B2 - Paid, 1-year

Subscription C - Free Lifetime

A user can have one of each type - A, C, and either B1 or B2; but they can't have both B1 and B2 at the same time.
They are NOT required to have any specific one. They could start with just A or just B1 or B2 or C.

User should be able to upgrade from B1 to B2 (and have the upgrade prorated for any remaining time left on B1).

They should be able to add other subscriptions at any time (i.e. Originally subscribed to Subscription A, can add Subscription B1 (or B2) at any time, could
also add Subscription C at any time. (And any similar combination)

They should also be able to subscribe to up to 3 on initial registration.

I have A and C configured, and I thought I had B1/B2 working, but it's not.
I created a TOP level plan (B).
I then set B1 and B2 with:
* Parent: B
* Exclusive
* Allow upgrade to this: Yes
* Propose plan for upgrades: Yes: only if it's more expensive
* Multiple: Only one subscription at a time

Please let me know if there is some documentation or tutorial that I missed that covers this.

Thanks.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 1 month ago #286172 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Subscription Use Case instructions
Set A and C to non-exclusive. Next set B1 and B2 to exclusive. That should work as expected assuming all plans are top level or under the same parent at least. You can also add conditions to your plans under the Workflow tab if you want to flat out hide B2 if B1 is active or selected for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cpaschen
  • cpaschen
8 years 1 month ago #286175 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic CB Subscription Use Case instructions
That didn't work.
Now I am forced to have a subscription to either B1 or B2.

I can't just subscribe to A (or just C)

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 1 month ago #286185 by krileon
Ok, then all your plans need to be non-exclusive then for B1 and B2 you'll need to configure upgrade and registration conditions so you can't select the other or upgrade to the other while one is active.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cpaschen
  • cpaschen
8 years 1 month ago #286190 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic CB Subscription Use Case instructions
OK ... I have everything showing/hiding as needed.

However, when a user purchases B1 (Quarterly) and then later purchases B2 (Annually), it doesn't actually 'upgrade' from B1 to B2 (i.e. replacing B1 with B2) and it doesn't extend the subscription date.

I purchased B1 (Quarterly) and then I purchased B2 (Annual) and now I just have 2 individual subscription.
One ending 3 months from today, 1 ending 1 year from today.
And I had to pay full price for the B2 (it didn't take into account what I had spent on B1).

You can see my test site here:
communitybuilder.cloudaccess.host/index.php

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 1 month ago #286194 by krileon
You can't upgrade with a non-exclusive plan. Your conditions should flat out not allow upgrading to the other plan if the current one is active. That's the only way that situation is going to work. The alternative is you're going to have to use some sort of parent plan setup like the below.

A - Free Lifetime (non-exclusive)
D - Free Lifetime (non-exclusive)
- B1 - Paid, 3-month (exclusive)
- B2 - Paid, 1-year (exclusive)
C - Free Lifetime (non-exclusive)

B1 and B2 being child plans of D, which is non-exclusive. This allows B1 and B2 to basically be optional unless subscribed to D and should allow users to upgrade between B1 and B2.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon