Skip to Content Skip to Menu

"rules between plans" needed in CBSubs...

• fdinkler
  • fdinkler
8 years 2 weeks ago #286625 by fdinkler
Gents/Ladies -
I'm using CBSubs to manage a 5k+ members-only website (bfa.net)
The new version was to go live this week, and may still.
The largest feature gap was the relationship controls /rules (or lack thereof) between plans.
We have basic/fundamental membership plans (individual and corporate) and a dozen or so add-on plans for optional services (legal services, specific interest group memberships, etc.) Each basic plan has a list of optional plans available. All of the above is configurable in the current CBSubs version.
The challenge comes when optional plans differ in expiration from the basic plans.
Common Use Case
On June 1, Nicholas buys an annual membership (runs date-to-date) and also buys a legal services add-on plan (runs calendar year only.)
On Jan 1, the legal services plan expires and Nicholas renews the Legal Services plan for the next calendar year.
On June 1, the annual membership plan expires and Nicholas does not renew.
I would like the system to expire the legal services plan, since it cannot be allowed without a valid subscription to a basic plan.

In summary, I need to enforce the existence of a superior plan, so that any valid optional/subordinate plans are unsubscribed or expired when the superior plan expires. Also, having it auto-magically revert to subscribed status if the superior plan is subsequently renewed, or another valid superior plan would be a nice-to-have.

If this can be done using current functionality, I would like educated on how to do it.

I don't believe this is too far outside the realm of normal membership use cases.
If this is in the works already, I'd like to know the expected delivery date.
My company is willing to entertain "contributing to the cause" for this feature to arrive sooner rather than later, assuming it is acceptable to your CBSubs product manager.

Keep up the good work...
Best,
Fred

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 2 weeks ago #286644 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic "rules between plans" needed in CBSubs...
You need to use Parent > Child plans for that to work. If the parent expires then the child plans are suspended. Your alternative is to use CB Auto Actions to fore expire other plans when 1 plan expires. This is done using the below usage with any action you want (in your case a CB Paid Subscriptions) action.

Plan Active
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Equal To A

Plan Expired
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Not Equal To A

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fdinkler
  • fdinkler
8 years 2 weeks ago #286672 by fdinkler
Replied by fdinkler on topic "rules between plans" needed in CBSubs...
Kyle -
Many thanks... Two questions...

1. I started using parent/child relationship plans earlier this year, but there was no affect on the child subscription when the parent expired. Has this been added recently?

2. Where do I find docy on these triggers and how to use them?

Best,
Fred

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 2 weeks ago #286691 by krileon

1. I started using parent/child relationship plans earlier this year, but there was no affect on the child subscription when the parent expired. Has this been added recently?

The child subscriptions have always paused when the parent is inactive. If you made this change after someone has already subscribed then it won't affect them as their subscription isn't aware of the parent until next renewal.

2. Where do I find docy on these triggers and how to use them?

I've already provided how to use them above. There is no documentation for CB Auto Actions. CB Auto Actions is simply a tool to facilitate various use cases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fdinkler
  • fdinkler
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #286709 by fdinkler
Replied by fdinkler on topic "rules between plans" needed in CBSubs...
Kyle -
I tested the parent/child "pausing" a year ago, and it didn't work then.
I just retested, and it still isn't working.
Steps to recreate:
1. Create a subscription plan that lasts 15 minutes.
2. Create a subscription plan that lasts one hour, that is a child of the 15 minute plan.
3. As a new user, subscribe to both plans
4. Complete registration process
5. Login and confirm both plans are active in the profile.
6. After 15 minutes, run the mass expiration URL
7. Back end, go to "Paid Subscriptions" / "Subscriptions"
8. The 15 minute subscriptopn will be Expired, the one hour subscription will still be Active
Screen shot attached as pdf
Fred

p.s.
deactivation workflows for child plan were also not triggered - e.g. Acy integration for parent was triggered (user removed from 15 min list) however user was still in the one hour list.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by fdinkler.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 2 weeks ago #286727 by krileon
It remains active, but it shouldn't be functional. Meaning they should lose access to whatever the child plan gives access to. It's not going to trigger any of the child plans expiration, deactivation, etc.. workflows because that hasn't happened yet. Believe this only affects certain CBSubs integrations like CBSubs Content though.

In short there is no way to link 2 plans together regardless of them being parent child relationship. We've a feature ticket to implement linking 2 plans together, but for now the only way to do it is CB Auto Actions (e.g. you can force the child plan to expire if the parent does).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon