Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Fetch connections list of user

• fuxjaeger
  • fuxjaeger
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #287955 by fuxjaeger
[SOLVED] Fetch connections list of user was created by fuxjaeger
Hi all, I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong section.

I'm wanting to know if it's possible to fetch a list of connections for a specific user via SQL? I'm looking through the list of cb tables, but I think I may be missing something.

If anybody knows how to do this, or at least where I should be looking, I would greatly appreciate some advice.

Thanks.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 11 months ago #287962 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Fetch connections list of user
Yes, connections are stored in _comprofiler_members. What are you needing this for exactly as there could be another less complicated solution to do what you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fuxjaeger
  • fuxjaeger
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #287994 by fuxjaeger
Replied by fuxjaeger on topic Fetch connections list of user
We have a client that is using Icagenda for their events, and is wanting the users to be able to select an event and then invite users that they are connected with via pm's.

I did find information regarding the API last night, however admittedly I didn't go to far into it.

edit: After testing, from the above database I can now get the connections for each user that have been accepted. I would like to ask a follow up question on how to go about sending a pm to a userID, however if I should create a new thread please do let me know.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by fuxjaeger.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 11 months ago #288005 by krileon
Depends on if you want to use CB API to send the PM or just directly integrate with UddeIM. For CB API usages you need to first load in CB API as documented below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18357-including-cb-api-for-usage-outside-of-cb

Once done you can use the below notifications API to send a PM.

Code:
$notification = new cbNotification(); $notification->sendUserPMSmsg( TO_USER_ID_HERE, 0, null, PM_MESSAGE_HERE, true, true, 1 );

The above sends a PM from the system. The below sends a PM from a user.

Code:
$notification = new cbNotification(); $notification->sendUserPMSmsg( TO_USER_ID_HERE, FROM_USER_ID_HERE, null, PM_MESSAGE_HERE, false, true, 1 );

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fuxjaeger
  • fuxjaeger
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #288058 by fuxjaeger
Replied by fuxjaeger on topic Fetch connections list of user
Thank you so much! That is working absolutely perfectly!

Edit: Topic can be closed still, however how should one go about creating in the message? I tried using shortcodes as well as <a> tags but neither seemed to work.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by fuxjaeger.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 11 months ago #288074 by krileon

Edit: Topic can be closed still, however how should one go about creating in the message? I tried using shortcodes as well as <a> tags but neither seemed to work.

Just use normal HTML links then within UddeIM configuration ensure you've full bbcode enabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon