Skip to Content Skip to Menu

GJ file do not follow rule enable on approval

• activha
  • activha
7 years 11 months ago #288051 by activha
Hello
I was trying to use the new version of GJ with our old groups
It seems that all was ok except for files use
When setting enable on approval, all tabs are correctly hidden or displayed, except for the file tab which is always displayed for anyone watching the group page, even when not joined
I was wondering whether there was something else to set (package builder or something) ?
I also tried with a brand new group but the behavior is the same. Files uploaded are always visible and do not respect the enable on approval rule
Could you check ?
thanks
Jean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 11 months ago #288073 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GJ file do not follow rule enable on approval
Don't understand what you mean enable on approval rule. Do you mean the file tab is accessible by the user even though the group isn't approved?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
7 years 11 months ago #288078 by activha
Replied by activha on topic GJ file do not follow rule enable on approval
No I mean the file tab is still accessible by the user even though the user is not approved.
All other tabs follow the enable on approval rule correctly and only display if the user is approved (for approbation groups)
I tried with latest build, created a new theme, a new group and still get the same behavior. All tabs ok except the file tab

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 11 months ago #288092 by krileon
Is your group Open, Approval, or Invite type? They should be able to see the tab if Open or Approval. There is no enable on approval there is "Enable, with Approval" which means new entries need to be approved. Do they have permission to create files? Note empty tabs do not display for users without create permissions so if your other tabs have no content yet they won't see them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
7 years 11 months ago #288093 by activha
Replied by activha on topic GJ file do not follow rule enable on approval
Oh ok I see...
Our groups are Approval and we would like to hide all the tabs for the user claiming to join until he has been approved.
So that confidential information is not displayed to the wrong members.
I thought that this setting would do the trick but that was not reading the comma :-)

So if I want the tabs to be hidden to the user until he has been approved, while he could still see the groups with the about tab, how can I do ?

thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 11 months ago #288100 by krileon

So if I want the tabs to be hidden to the user until he has been approved, while he could still see the groups with the about tab, how can I do ?

There is no way to do that unless you modify the template files and add additional checks to the tabs output. Invite type is the only one that suppresses its display until actually joined.

Will be exploring the possibility of more modes or tab access controls with GJ 4.0.0, but it needs to be done carefully as it'll make queries and access checks even heavier. The content access for approval groups is planned to change with 4.0.0 as well. Meaning group content won't be visible until they've been approved. This is noted in the below ticket.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6208

The types in 4.0.0 are planned to work as follows.

Closed = Visible to all (including content) and no one can join
Public = Visible to all (including content) and anyone can join
Private = Visible to no one (including content) and can only be invited to join (used to be Invite)
Approval = Visible to all (excluding content) and anyone can request to join (must be approved)

More types maybe considered between now and then though.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

Moderators: beatnantkrileon