Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] User lists functionality

• remaxpat
  • remaxpat
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #291244 by remaxpat
[SOLVED] User lists functionality was created by remaxpat
I'm using current CB and CBsubs. I have a premium and a basic membership. I've made some profile tabs and fields available and not available based on subscription. When I set up my userlist which is available to the public and includes both memberships, the list drops the search fields that are not available to both. Is there a way around this?

Is there also a way to display those that are premium members in the search results first?
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #291247 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User lists functionality
Search inputs should be blocked based off the viewers subscription unless you specifically configured "Viewer Plans controlling field searchable (none means not controlled)" when "B. Field visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions" is set to "Yes, viewer's CB subs control detailed visibility".

Is there also a way to display those that are premium members in the search results first?

Yes, you'll need to write a Advanced Sort By for your userlist so it sorts by active subscribers first. The below will probably work.

Code:
( SELECT sub.`subscription_date` FROM `#__cbsubs_subscriptions` AS sub WHERE sub.`user_id` = u.`id` AND sub.`status` = 'A' ) DESC, u.`name` ASC

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by krileon.

• remaxpat
  • remaxpat
7 years 8 months ago #291252 by remaxpat
Replied by remaxpat on topic User lists functionality
Thanks for the quick reply.

On the advanced search, both subscriptions are active. In this case what would be the process to display first the Premium CBsubs subscription?

On the list search, I've used CBSubs conditions on the fields so they are only available in the user profile by subscription type, but want all fields to display in the search criteria for the public, which is not subscription based. As set up now when logged in a Premium Member will see all fields now on the search, a Basic Member and the public will see only the fields available to the Basic Member.

The restricted fields are contained in the same tab for both membership types.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 8 months ago #291264 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User lists functionality

On the advanced search, both subscriptions are active. In this case what would be the process to display first the Premium CBsubs subscription?

You'd need to adjust the query to handle that. It currently is ordering based off subscription_date. I suppose you could change the select to plan_id instead.

On the list search, I've used CBSubs conditions on the fields so they are only available in the user profile by subscription type, but want all fields to display in the search criteria for the public, which is not subscription based. As set up now when logged in a Premium Member will see all fields now on the search, a Basic Member and the public will see only the fields available to the Basic Member.

The restricted fields are contained in the same tab for both membership types.

You need to use the "B. Tab visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions" parameter set to "Yes, viewer's CB subs control detailed visibility" mode and be sure the "Viewer Plans controlling tab searchable (none means not controlled)" parameter has nothing selected. That should allow the search inputs to display fine. If you don't use the detailed mode it'll just protect the field regardless of location including search usages. The same applies to the tab if you're also protecting the tab with CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• remaxpat
  • remaxpat
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #291291 by remaxpat
Replied by remaxpat on topic User lists functionality
The solution was to use both Tabs A and B in integration on field settings and to control user access and visibility with tab settings. Now search contains all criteria and the columns display all information. The profiles still display all fields for different subscriptions under a tab but the profile view for public excludes the proper fields and tabs.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by remaxpat. Reason: Solved the problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon