Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CBSubs Mailer -> Conditions

• lousyfool
  • lousyfool
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #292758 by lousyfool
[SOLVED] CBSubs Mailer -> Conditions was created by lousyfool
Hi,

Am a little confused about the conditions tab in CBSubs Mailer. There's nothing on it in the CBSubs manual, and I didn't find anything here on the forum, either.

I had a mailer set up and working fine with one condition so far: the CB field named "cb_user_block" must not be 1.

Now I need a second condition: independent of the above field, the user's email must not be of a certain domain ("xyzzy.com" in my example here -- see attachment).

1.) No clue what the "does not contain" in the second condition really means. Is it a query NOT LIKE? Then my string '%@xyz.com' would be right. Or is something else happening there? (Again, nowhere documentation I found, the tooltips are a tad vague, and I can't risk trial & error.)

2.) Confused about the logic of AND or OR in between the two conditions which are both "must be not this". The mailer should not go out if either the CB field is 1 or the mail domain is xyz.com, so OR should be correct, or?

Thank for a quick hint!
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by lousyfool. Reason: solved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #292775 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Mailer -> Conditions

1.) No clue what the "does not contain" in the second condition really means. Is it a query NOT LIKE? Then my string '%@xyz.com' would be right. Or is something else happening there? (Again, nowhere documentation I found, the tooltips are a tad vague, and I can't risk trial & error.)

The operator is "Value A does not contain Value B". I'm not sure how to clarify it further than that and is why it is undocumented as it's relatively self explanatory. Example as follows.

Date A, Field A or Value A: Following CB field
CB Field A: email
Date B, Field B or Value B: Constant Value or String (CB substitutions can be used)
Value B: @xyz.com
Condition 1 (> for Dates): Value A does not contain Value B

This means if the email contains @xyz.com (anywhere in the email address) then the mailer won't send for that user.

2.) Confused about the logic of AND or OR in between the two conditions which are both "must be not this". The mailer should not go out if either the CB field is 1 or the mail domain is xyz.com, so OR should be correct, or?

Yes, or should be fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lousyfool

• lousyfool
  • lousyfool
7 years 6 months ago #292778 by lousyfool
Replied by lousyfool on topic CBSubs Mailer -> Conditions
Many thanks for the heads-up, Kyle.

Re. #1, yes, if the 'bare-naked' string is to be entered, then that's simple enough and doesn't need further explanation, indeed.

Sorry, too much SQL lately... need to get my head in the sun instead!
Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon