Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Group Jive

• wbuk
  • wbuk
7 years 3 months ago #295554 by wbuk
Group Jive was created by wbuk
Can you hide the users Tab?
Can you set the default of publish to NO
and Can you hide the option to Publish so that everything uploaded is NOT published ie it is private to the owner and to admin only.

Web Buster UK Ltd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #295563 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Group Jive

Can you hide the users Tab?

No, not without modifying the template files. You can find the template files at the below location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/templates

Copy the default folder, delete everything in it except index.html and group.php, now rename the folder to something like "mytemplate" and select it within GJ > Configuration > General. Inside group.php you can adjust how the group displays including if the users tab should output. Note removing the users tab means you won't be able to manage the users of that group on frontend.

Can you set the default of publish to NO

Yes, set the content to require approval (e.g. Videos: Yes, with Approval).

and Can you hide the option to Publish so that everything uploaded is NOT published ie it is private to the owner and to admin only.

Yes, set the content to be "Yes, with Approval". Any content submitted will only be visible to the owner of the content, group owner, group admins, group moderators, or CB moderators.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wbuk

• wbuk
  • wbuk
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #295657 by wbuk
Replied by wbuk on topic Group Jive
Thanks for you reply.

Is there a way to use CB conditional to hide the User Tab from everyone except moderators? As in, does [cb:if] work within the group.php file?

Web Buster UK Ltd
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by wbuk.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #295671 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Group Jive

Is there a way to use CB conditional to hide the User Tab from everyone except moderators?

No, CB Conditionals is not able to affect GJ group tabs and never will. You have to modify the template files and code in the change you want.

As in, does [cb:if] work within the group.php file?

No, it's a PHP file executed as PHP. You'll have to code that into the PHP IF statement.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon