Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Date fields / query fields / lists

• mattincm
  • mattincm
7 years 3 months ago #295559 by mattincm
Date fields / query fields / lists was created by mattincm
I am attempting to create a list of all the members with a birthday in the current month.

my thoughts on how to achieve this are

a. create a Query Field that would give me the members birth month from the date of birth that they input.
b. create a list that will compare the above field with the current month

is there anywhere that I can find a "Dummies Guide" on this i.e how to use the only one part of the date (day, month or year) only from a date field and how to get the current date / month etc.

or is there a better / simpler way of achieving this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #295566 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Date fields / query fields / lists
A query field is not stored in the database. You can not filter a userlist on a query field. The best way to do this is to have a regular date field where they supply their birthdate then in your userlist use Advanced filtering, which lets you add custom SQL directly to the WHERE statement of the userlist query. The below should work.

Filters: Advanced:
Code:
MONTH( `FIELD_NAME` ) = MONTH( NOW() )

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon