Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Category Blog Links not accessable to Public anymore

• lynnapp
  • lynnapp
  • Add-ons
7 years 3 months ago #295584 by lynnapp
I am upgrading in a test area a site that is still on 2.5. The new site with all the upgrades to newest no longer allows access to the category blogs link.

I checked the data base cbsubs plans as suggest in the related article below

This is a similar or the same problem as this post that does not seem to be resolved.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cb-paid-subscriptions-support/236776-certain-menu-items-locked-to-subscription?limitstart=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #295585 by krileon
Upgrading to what? Latest Joomla 3.x? You'll need to review what content you're protecting to see if the blog category, the categories parent category, or the menu item that the blog category uses is being protected by CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• lynnapp
  • lynnapp
  • Add-ons
7 years 3 months ago #295594 by lynnapp
The Category, and all article are public and if I link to an article directly it works fine. Just not to Category Blog type in the menu

Yes Upgrading to latest Joomla 3.7.3,

The links work fine in 2.5.8, with no changes to the settings of articles or categories or plans it is not working in 3.7.3
Not sure where it stopped (which version)

• lynnapp
  • lynnapp
  • Add-ons
7 years 3 months ago #295599 by lynnapp
I can set it up for you to get in the site if you want But I am at a loss

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #295624 by krileon
See if any of your plans are protecting any menu items using CBSubs Content integrations and its By Menu protection. The Itemid associated with the menu item maybe protected. Try unpublishing CBSubs Content as well to confirm if its protection is what is causing your issue exactly. Just having CBSubs Content installed, but not protecting any menus, articles, or categories shouldn't cause any protection to trigger like that. It should also display what plans are protecting the content when it redirects you to the subscribe page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by krileon.

• lynnapp
  • lynnapp
  • Add-ons
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #295644 by lynnapp
So I went through all the plans and they are only doing articles and an admin menu that is for superadmins only
Then I went and disabled cb content and it still does it.
Then I disabled cb privacy and it still does it.

Then I disabled CB, CB Paid subscriptions and cbpaidsubsbot and the links now work as intended
So I enabled just CB and it worked.
then I enabled CB Paid Subscripiton and it worked.
Next I enabled cbpaidsubsbot and it redirects to
/cb-profile/pluginclass/cbpaidsubscriptions.html?do=accessdenied&accesstype=contentdisplay&accessvalue=106&accessurl=

As I said I checked all the plans and the integration with menus and content.
Next Idea.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by lynnapp. Reason: removing site intro

Moderators: beatnantkrileon