Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Can´t delete User in CB

7 years 3 months ago #295696 by zahmundzornig
Can´t delete User in CB was created by zahmundzornig
Dear CB-Team,

I like to delete a CB User. But I can´t do this because the associated Joomla user is missing (don´t ask me how this could be happend).
I get a white page with the sentence: "Benutzer-ID konnte nicht geladen werden" /"Can´t load User-ID"

Database fixing tools don´t work. How can I delete the user?

Thank you!
Mike

Joomla 3.6.5 (yes, I know.... update is comming soon)
CB 2.1.2

www.zahmundzornig.de thanx joomlapolis for the great work and support!
Build with CB: www.jaii.de

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #295698 by zahmundzornig
Replied by zahmundzornig on topic Can´t delete User in CB
Strange things happens here:
When I logged into the frontend as superadmin and save a foreign profile, the Joomla user will be deleted. CB profile is still there. What happens there? Will made the update of the system today.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #295703 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can´t delete User in CB
Do not manage users from Users > Manage. You need to do so from CB > User Management. If you've managed users from Users > Manage then your users are out of sync. To fix this run User Synchronization within CB > Tools.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #295709 by zahmundzornig
Thank you for support.
I made all updates for Joomla and CB.

I manage all users with community builder, not with Joomla core. The issue was not directly my fault. 174 users was not listed in the Joomla user management, but they was still in the database. I checked the database and found an recurrently error: I had strange strings in "xxx_users" the column "params":
{"language":"","editor":"","timezone":"Europe\/Copenhagen","0":"{\"language\":\"\",\"editor\":\"\",\"timezone\":\"Europe\\\/Copenhagen\",\"0\":\"{\\\"language\\\":\\\"\\\",\\\"editor\\\":\\\"\\\",\\\"timezone\\\":\\\"Europe\\\\\\\/Copenhagen\\\",\\\"0\\\":\\\"{\\\\\\\"language\\\\\\\":\\\\\\\"\\\\\\\",\\\\\\\"editor\\\\\\\":\\\\\\\"\\\\\\\",\\\\\\\"timezone\\\\\\\":\\\\\\\"\\\\\\\"}\\\"}\"}","admin_style":"","admin_language":"","helpsite":""}

I solved this with a SQL code: UPDATE `xxx_users` SET `params` = '{}'
After cleaning the params the user in Joomla core was back again.

I know, this is not an CB issue. But do you have an idea why this issue comes over and over again? Updates had no effect.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #295716 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can´t delete User in CB
You maybe experiencing the below bug.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6659

It can happen if a user updates their profile on frontend and you've disabled the userparams field, which is responsible for processing the params.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #295861 by zahmundzornig
Yes, that´s the issue. Thank you!
I set the Params on "visible", now it works and the database table "params" is filled with "normal" characters. Would be great to find a solution. I like to disable the params for the users view.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon