Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] change group (or add) based on cb field

• cjmicro
  • cjmicro
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #304661 by cjmicro
I saw examples of how to add a group when someone registers based on a field selection.

I imported my users, and would like to now assign some of them to a different group based on a field selection. this is not tied to a user action, i need it to happen based on something i do in back end that does not involve

if field x = YES assign them to group "newusergroup"

Is there an auto action trigger that will do this? i have tried using a couple but they do not seem to work

onAfterUserApproval
type usergroup
user automatic
access everybody
conditions [cb_field] Equal To y
add usergroups "newusergroup"

then i approve the user in cb and nothing changes.

Maybe there is some other way to do it that is easier? Any help would be appreicated.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 5 months ago #304665 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic change group (or add) based on cb field
What action specifically are you wanting this to happen on? Specifically after a user has been approved?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cjmicro
  • cjmicro
6 years 5 months ago #304669 by cjmicro
Replied by cjmicro on topic change group (or add) based on cb field
I need it to happen to all that are currently in the system, through some task i can perform on all in the back end. I can unapprove everyone, then set up the action then reapprove, but that didn't seem to work either.

Users are already there i need to add group to their profile if they have that box checked YES.

Thanks for the quick response.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 5 months ago #304670 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic change group (or add) based on cb field
You can batch change users usergroups in CB > User Management. Recommend filtering it down as needed then using batch tools for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cjmicro
  • cjmicro
6 years 5 months ago #304672 by cjmicro
Replied by cjmicro on topic change group (or add) based on cb field
Yes, thank you, i knew about batch changing in the user list. But I am stupid and did not see the filtering part for cb field below the other choices!! THANK YOU!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon