Skip to Content Skip to Menu

text filtering notice on user profiles

• cpaschen
  • cpaschen
5 years 10 months ago #309364 by cpaschen
text filtering notice on user profiles was created by cpaschen
All of a sudden (sometime since the last CB update) on every user's profile (on the admin side) we are getting the error notice:

Your usergroup has a text filtering set on the Default Blacklist. This will cause your article to be totally broken after save. Please contact your administrator to fix this.

We're getting this even when logged in with SuperAdmin (and on SuperAdmin profiles) when the Super Users group is set to 'No Filtering'.

We're running Joomla 3.8.12 and CB 2.3.0.

I'm the administrator but have no idea why this would all of a sudden appear - esp. when text filtering is disabled for this group.

Any idea why this just started happening - and better yet, how to get rid of it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cpaschen
  • cpaschen
5 years 10 months ago #309365 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic text filtering notice on user profiles
I just resolved this.

I found that the account which had SuperAdmin group also had Registered group, and that had 'Default Blacklist' applied.

So it appears that the filtering uses the 'most restrictive' of those applied.

But just removing the 'registered' group it resolved the issue.

Still not sure how this started showing as we haven't changed any of those filtering settings - maybe changes in J3.8.12?

Either way, this issue is resolved and closed.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 10 months ago #309374 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic text filtering notice on user profiles
Text filtering is a Joomla feature and have no idea if it has changed recently. As for usergroups typically you want to be sure your users don't have a usergroup that has less permissions than their highest usergroup. So in the case of Super Users they should never have any other usergroups except Super Users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon