Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Super Admin Login Error

• bins
  • bins
5 years 9 months ago #309520 by bins
Super Admin Login Error was created by bins
Happy new year to everyone.

I have a very strange issue and am at a loss as to what it might be!

I am a Super Admin, login (on Android or Windows) without issues.

When my colleague (also SA) logs in (Mac or ios on Chrome) he gets a 'Oops - Sorry, you are not authorised to view this page.' error.

The server cache is cleared, I have asked him to clear his browser cache but it still persists.

Anyone with experience of this or solutions???

Note: Occasionally, members also get this issue, as well as logging in and going back to non-member/logged out home page! I assumed it might be a module setup with bad visibility setting, but it looks like it isn't that!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 9 months ago #309541 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Super Admin Login Error
Looks like the error message was changed as the original message is likely "You are not authorized to view this page!". The only reason for login to throw that is the login method is set to None within CB > Configuration > General or you've enabled "Encrypt Login Form" within your CB Login Module and they attempted to login on http version of your site instead of https.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• bins
  • bins
5 years 9 months ago #309550 by bins
Replied by bins on topic Super Admin Login Error
Hi Kyle,

Yes, the message has been changed/overridden.

CB > Configuration > General isn't set to none.

Logins are from a menu option, not a module. SSL if forced on the whole site I believe this shouldn't be able to occur!

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 9 months ago #309558 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Super Admin Login Error

Logins are from a menu option, not a module. SSL if forced on the whole site I believe this shouldn't be able to occur!

CBs login page simply loads the first available CB login Module. I recommend checking your CB Login modules and see if you toggled on "Encrypt Login Form".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon