Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Template broken after updating from 2.0.14 to 2.4.0

• Totoweb
  • Totoweb
5 years 9 months ago #309759 by Totoweb
Hi,

We have an error with one of our websites.

The website itself works fine but the problems start when we update Community builder.

The live website is act4you.nl

We have a staging website which is staging.act4you.nl

As you can see on the both websites, they are different from each other when you get in the community builder section.

(Don't mind the Image size difference on both pages, this is because of the Password Protected Directory.)

On these pages the problems start.

When you click on an image on the staging website you will get a 404 with the url being:
staging.act4you.nl/modellen-artiesten/undefined

Which would for example normally result in:
act4you.nl/details/userprofile/2555.html

When you click on the Name instead of the image it works.

The next big thing that doesn't work is the custom template for Act4you in the Community Builder.

As you can see on:
act4you.nl/details/userprofile/2555.html
and
staging.act4you.nl/details/2555-frank-act4you-nl.html

It looks like the new version of Community Builder doesn't work with the old custom template or doesn't see the Community Builder Profile Pro code for some reason.

Also when we edit a user in the Community Builder back-end we are missing a tab "Profile Pro" which was here before updating.

We have also send this in a private e-mail with login details but didn't get a response yet.

Can you please look into it so we can proceed.

Kind regards,

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 9 months ago #309764 by krileon
We're not the developers of your custom template for CB. You'll need to contact them regarding that. As you were on 2.0.14 you were not using Bootstrap 4 yet. CB is now using Bootstrap 4 since version 2.2. This means your custom template is likely no longer compatible with CB. We however provide CB Template Changer which comes with a Template Builder to build your own custom Bootstrap 4 template for CB. Details can be found below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18797-template-builder

If you run into small font issues then it is again your template causing this as it's resetting the font size on the html element instead of the body, which will break rem sizing. See the below regarding this.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/239316-community-builder-2-2-bootstrap-4-release?start=6#305472

I've no idea what your links are breaking. If you're using 3rd party SEF try disabling it to only use CB SEF. I'm seeing no issues with SEF in my tests.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon