Skip to Content Skip to Menu

cb subs expirations

• cjmicro
  • cjmicro
5 years 9 months ago #309975 by cjmicro
cb subs expirations was created by cjmicro
we have a 1 year plan and 2 year plan.

if someone upgrades to a 2 year plan in the middle of their 1 year plan they lose the remainder of their 1 year plan.

How can i set this so it does not happen?

Ideally, they have a 1 year plan, say it expires on 2/1/19. They upgrade today to a 2 year plan. Their plan stays in force until 2/1/19, at which point it has a new expiration of 2/1/21.

The plan benefits are all the same. Pricing is just slightly diff for the 2 year plan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 9 months ago #309987 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cb subs expirations
You can't add plans duration together like that. The best you can do for upgrades from 1 plan to another is enable the prorating feature under the Pricing tab so the price adjusts based off the previous plans remaining value.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cjmicro

• cjmicro
  • cjmicro
5 years 9 months ago #309994 by cjmicro
Replied by cjmicro on topic cb subs expirations
Ok i understand. There is no other way to accomplish something like this is there?

Cheryl

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 9 months ago #310011 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cb subs expirations
No, it's not possible to add to plans together like that. Best I can suggest is only allow upgrade to the 2 year plan if the 1 year plan has expired using conditioned configured under the Workflows tab of the 2 year plan or use the prorate feature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cjmicro
  • cjmicro
5 years 8 months ago #310332 by cjmicro
Replied by cjmicro on topic cb subs expirations
Kyle, thanks for your help with this, and i do understand it. However, another issue has come up.

What if someone mails a check for $80 to upgrade their subscription?

They have a current 1 year plan that expires March 5, 2019, but they want to upgrade to the 2 year plan now? So they are going to send us a check for $80. How can i account for this in the subscription area?

I can manually extend them to 3/5/2021 but that won't jive with the online records then. What do you suggest?

Cheryl

• nant
  • nant
5 years 8 months ago #310334 by nant
Replied by nant on topic cb subs expirations
You should be able to initiate an offline payment on behalf of the user from the user profile.

Look at the CBSubs manual - I believe I cover this use case.

Once the offline payment is initiated you can record the check in the backend.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon