Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Activity remove some fields on profile edit

• activha
  • activha
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #310008 by activha
Hello

The new Term and Condition field is great to get a new consent from users but how can we remove it to appear in cb activity for profile edition ?

And more broadly how can we limit the fields to be taken into account by profile edition on CB Activity now ? If I remember that was a field by field choice that I cannot retrieve in field settings

Thanks for the hint
Jean
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 9 months ago #310014 by krileon
You mean the profile update activity? It doesn't check any specific fields. It just logs an activity entry if profile edit is saved. There was never an option to specify which fields it should check and is the "Profile - Update" system action in CB Auto Actions. To check specific fields you'll need to make a copy of it and adjust its conditions as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
5 years 8 months ago #310111 by activha
Can you tell me how to check the change/iupdate of a field in a condition line ?

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 8 months ago #310119 by krileon
You could use something like the below to ensure that field hasn't changed its value.

[var1_FIELD_NAME] Equal To [var3_FIELD_NAME]

This should prevent it from logging that activity only if that supplied field hasn't changed its value. You could also use CB Profile Update Logger then log a profile update activity entry on pu_onAfterCreateLog to let it handle doing value comparisons to see if something actually changed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
5 years 8 months ago #310121 by activha
Do you mean that by using the trigger pu_onAfterCreateLog we would just have to set the fields or fields type in the CB Profile Update Logger plugin and leave the CB activity system auto action as is defined in the system ?

That would be really great !

Also when users accept new terms and conditions, this trigger a new activity but it does not seem registered in the CB Profile Update Logger plugin. Is this a normal behavior ? if yes where can we see date of accepted conditions ?

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #310124 by krileon

Do you mean that by using the trigger pu_onAfterCreateLog we would just have to set the fields or fields type in the CB Profile Update Logger plugin and leave the CB activity system auto action as is defined in the system ?

It looks like it, yup. Should just be able to make a copy of "Profile - Update" system action and change the trigger to pu_onAfterCreateLog which is fired by CB Profile Update Logger when a change is logged. You can configure CB Profile Update Logger to exclude specific fields or field types within its parameters.

Also when users accept new terms and conditions, this trigger a new activity but it does not seem registered in the CB Profile Update Logger plugin. Is this a normal behavior ?

Did you configure CB Profile Update Logger to ignore the terms field or terms and condition fieldtypes? If so it won't log such changes.

if yes where can we see date of accepted conditions ?

Consent date should be visible directly below the terms and conditions field when editing the user. We've plans to make this more visible to admins by adding a new column to CB > User Management for it, but haven't worked out those details yet as we need a single compact column to provide consent state for all terms and condition fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

Moderators: beatnantkrileon