Skip to Content Skip to Menu

cb subs auto renew with paypal result in multiple payments

• cjmicro
  • cjmicro
5 years 8 months ago #310427 by cjmicro
Client expired 2/3/18.

Client renewed 2/3/19 with auto pay option for recurring payment (future they assumed).

Client had 4 payment baskets and was charged multiple times and renewal extended for 4 years from 2018 to 2022.

Attaching subscription changelogs/updates

Client subscription currently says:
RRP Annual Member $45
Active, expiring on 02/03/2022, auto-renewing

It should charge her $45 and renew from 2/3/2019 to 2/3/2020. What could cause the multiple auto renewals?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 8 months ago #310428 by krileon
Do you allow multiple subscriptions to the same plan? You can check this by editing your plan then ensuring "Multiple subscriptions per user" is set correctly under the Workflows tab. If not ensure you've completely configured your PayPal gateway with API credentials and IPN handling so cancellations can function properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cjmicro
  • cjmicro
5 years 8 months ago #310429 by cjmicro
First of all thank you so much for the quick reply.

We do NOT allow multiple subscriptions at once.

All the paypal info is set up in the PayPal gateway, as far as i know working properly.
Normal PayPal server
PP Buxiness merchant ID - filled in
main email - filled in correctly
pp identity token -- filled in

api credentials
api username is filled in
api password filled in
api signature filled in

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 8 months ago #310432 by krileon
Do you have IPNs configured correctly as well? See the below topic if you're unable to reach the older pages that PayPal has basically decided to hide.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/240485-cbsubs-and-paypal?start=6#310420

Only way I can see your issue happening is they subscribed for recurring payments and the subscription renewed, but didn't reach CBSubs via the IPN and the user manually subscribed again. We don't initiate a charge through PayPal on recurring payment as we're just waiting for an IPN to tell CBSubs that the subscription renewed so they'd have to have multiple recurring profiles in their PayPal account for this to happen.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cjmicro
  • cjmicro
5 years 8 months ago #310434 by cjmicro
thank you i will double check those settings and get back to you.

• cjmicro
  • cjmicro
5 years 8 months ago #310473 by cjmicro
IPN settings seem to be correct as i can find IPN history of transactions. There are 2 for this person.both have a message id and a transaction id. I'm not sure if that means anything but we have a lot of subscribers and have not had this happen before. we have over 100 autorenews set up.

One was on 2/2/ and one was on 2/3. I just don't know what to tell them after this.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon