Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Error Chosen plans combination is not allowed (you must choose coherent (etc)

• marse7
  • marse7
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #310540 by marse7
This message:

Error
Chosen plans combination is not allowed (you must choose coherent plans selection, e.g. parent subscriptions to a plan must be active).

Is popping up when a non-member attempts to choose an ad plan and they are not a member and/or logged in. This requires them to register for the website (at the very least) and when the registration is clicked that error comes up.

I can't say for sure but I think this is new.

I just can't suss out what the error message is trying to tell me.

- The plan is not exclusive.
- It does require registration (with no moderator approval necessary) and
- that option is properly selected in the WORKFLOWS tab. (ALLOW REGISTRATION - YES)
- Allow upgrade to this plan (Yes, it will be possible to upgrade to this plan if it's more expensive.)
- No conditions.
- Multiple subscriptions allowed.
- Public access.
- This is not a child plan.

I need to understand what's going wrong here. Is the error message saying that I have to register first? If so, why present a JOB POSTING tick box and the registration info below. And if that is true how does anyone register and then pay for the ad plan?

Secondarily, is there any way to change that cryptic message to something a little clearer like: YOU MUST CREATE A WEBSITE ACCOUNT BEFORE YOU BUY A JOB POSTING. But even so, wouldn't it b valuable for someone to buy a plan and simultaneously register like (I think) the other plans work? I cant understand why this one is different.

See this at: www.orca-d.org - choose SINGLE JOB POSTING

ocra-dg.org/index.php/professional-development/submit

Thanks!
Mark
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by marse7. Reason: more detail

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 8 months ago #310557 by krileon
This happens typically because you have a non-exclusive plan and an exclusive plan while trying to only subscribe to the non-exclusive plan which is impossible because exclusive = mandatory as well basically. This can also happen if your plan is a child plan and you are trying to subscribe to the child plan without the parent plan which is also impossible.

Secondarily, is there any way to change that cryptic message to something a little clearer like: YOU MUST CREATE A WEBSITE ACCOUNT BEFORE YOU BUY A JOB POSTING. But even so, wouldn't it b valuable for someone to buy a plan and simultaneously register like (I think) the other plans work? I cant understand why this one is different.

That's not what the error means. Its meaning is literal. As in the chose plans are not allowed. Regardless yes you can change this using language overrides shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marse7

• marse7
  • marse7
5 years 8 months ago #310575 by marse7
No child plans but exclusive/non-exclusive is possible. I will review.

Many, many thanks!
Mark

Moderators: beatnantkrileon