Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Add and remove usergroups based off subscription?

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #311598 by krileon

I tried and tried to find the place to throw some (small) cash at you guys to buy you a beer (or coffee) and couldn't.

If the link still exists can you please post it?

You're welcome to donate from the Membership tab of your profile here at Joomlapolis. You'll see a "Donate to CB" option available there.

I don't see a way to change someone's user group under ACCESS.

All I see (at the bottom) is a way to add someone to a group.

???

NEVER MIND...The DB just hadn't caught up to the display (or vice versa.) It removed the new group after the plan expired.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!

You don't need to select a usergroup to be removed. That parameter will give them the usergroup once their subscription is active. Then once expired, cancelled, etc.. it will remove that same usergroup. If you need more control over this (e.g. adding 2 usergroups and removing 3 at same time) then you'll need to use the CB Auto Actions usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• marse7
  • marse7
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #311600 by marse7

You're welcome to donate from the Membership tab of your profile here at Joomlapolis.

I did try - twice. I keep getting a message that the amount is too small no matter what amount I choose from the dropdown. I'm sorry I can't donate 1k but my budget is limited to a few cups of coffee. :unsure:

You don't need to select a usergroup to be removed. That parameter will give them the usergroup once their subscription is active. Then once expired, cancelled, etc.. it will remove that same usergroup. If you need more control over this (e.g. adding 2 usergroups and removing 3 at same time) then you'll need to use the CB Auto Actions usage.

I see that now and it's great! The ability to do this allows me to integrate any event software that limits registration to certain groups. I think I've got this test site configured to do this properly now with Events Booking. Shaking it out now. So far, good. Happy, happy.

I do wish (I'm pushy) that there was an easier way to choose a different group upon expiration from the individual plan configuration screen. Perhaps a plugin in the future?

The more I use CB Subs the more I realize what a wonderful job you all have done and continue to do.

Mark

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by marse7.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 6 months ago #311602 by krileon

I did try - twice. I keep getting a message that the amount is too small no matter what amount I choose from the dropdown. I'm sorry I can't donate 1k but my budget is limited to a few cups of coffee. :unsure:

I think the minimum is $5 for the donation plan we've setup, but I've let Beat know to take a look and see if something could be wrong with our configuration.

I do wish (I'm pushy) that there was an easier way to choose a different group upon expiration from the individual plan configuration screen. Perhaps a plugin in the future?

It's possible to do that using CB Auto Actions, but at this time it isn't for the configuration under the Access tab that we certainly want to expand on in a later release. You can use the usage in my below reply to set that up.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/240780-must-be-losing-my-mind#311562

You'd basically have 1 auto action for when the plan becomes active. This is where you'd add/remove as many usergroups as you want for when they subscribe. The second auto action would be for when they expire/cancel/etc.. this would add/remove as many usergroups as you want for when their subscription ends.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• marse7
  • marse7
5 years 6 months ago #311611 by marse7
I was attempting 20.00 then 25.00

Thanks again for all your help. I'm thrilled with the current setup - again, because it allows me to decouple from the current event software which is a nightmare and utilize a different choice.

In many ways this option was always available but I just wasn't seeing it. I hope to come back and write a small tutorial for this so others can find it and benefit from your help.

It's not that tricky but there are a few items that didn't work as expected.

Again, thanks - you guys are pretty amazing and I truly appreciate the work you do.

Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon