Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Stripe - Little Issue

• bins
  • bins
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #311561 by bins
Stripe - Little Issue was created by bins
Because of an issue with Paypal (separate post) I have set to Stripe to take payments.

All looks great, but one little issue.

When completing the transaction, entering details and clicking pay, a little circle pops up to indicate processing, but it stops after a second or so (displayed, but not rotating). The transactions are taking a few seconds and I am worried about someone thinking that the page has locked up or transaction stalled and doing something silly like trying again or walking away!

Edit:
I am also getting a warning:
The integration plugin 'Stripe' is installed but not published.
When it is!!!
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by bins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 6 months ago #311564 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe - Little Issue

When completing the transaction, entering details and clicking pay, a little circle pops up to indicate processing, but it stops after a second or so (displayed, but not rotating). The transactions are taking a few seconds and I am worried about someone thinking that the page has locked up or transaction stalled and doing something silly like trying again or walking away!

Transactions have never stalled in my tests. They've always been nearly instant. I don't know what to suggest. Once Stripe processes the payment details into a token the token is set as part of the form and the form is submitted. The token is then used to pay. Press F12 to open your browsers developer console then click the Console tab to see if any errors are happening. The token exchange is entirely JS driven. If you've some bad JS on your site erroring it could break the Stripe JS.

The integration plugin 'Stripe' is installed but not published.

Ensure Stripe is published in CB > Plugin Management. It only shows that if its CB plugin isn't published.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• bins
  • bins
5 years 6 months ago #311566 by bins
Replied by bins on topic Stripe - Little Issue
Hi Kyle,

the process is not stalling, but the little circle that indicated something is happening did! Maybe I am too sensitive, but the gap between the it stopping spinning and the transaction completing was enough to worry me.

Plugin now published - thanks.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 6 months ago #311574 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe - Little Issue
It should continue to spin and display until the token has been generated at which point it submits the form. I've never experienced a case where this went on for more than a second. It's possible your server is experiencing performance problems that could cause the processing of the form POST to be slow.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon