Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Error when updating profile image

• boyjahq
  • boyjahq
5 years 1 month ago #314328 by boyjahq
Error when updating profile image was created by boyjahq
Testing a new site with JOOMLA and all CB updated as of today. When logged in as a user and trying to update the profile image, it consistently goes to a grey screen with the error. Maybe 1 in 20 times it is successful, but mostly generates the error:

Can't Open The Page
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=saveuseredit&Itemid=189&lang=en

The error is: “unknown error” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1)

I have tried clearing browser cache, JOOMLA cache, logging user out and back in again, but the result is the same.

I am able to update all other aspects of the user profile, just not the profile image.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• boyjahq
  • boyjahq
5 years 1 month ago #314329 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Error when updating profile image
Follow up:

If I refresh the error page instead of hitting the browser back button, I get notifications of session expired or cookies disabled. I found another thread that seemed to be a related problem and it suggested an issue with CB spoof checking. I tried disabling spoof checking in CB configuration and the problem is now fixed.

I looked at session tables in the database and notice that there is a session table for JOOMLA, which is constantly changing based on site traffic. But there is also a comprofiler_sessions table which is empty and does not change. Is that the way it is supposed to be?

Also, if it now works with spoof checking turned off, is my website in some danger if I leave it off? Or is there some conflicting thing I should check so that I can turn it back on?

• boyjahq
  • boyjahq
5 years 1 month ago #314330 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Error when updating profile image
I reported on this success too soon, it would seem. With spoof check turned off, it seems I am able to update the profile image approximately 50% of the time. If I try and I get the error, I can logout and then log back in and I am able to upload a new profile image successfully. For reference, I have session time in JOOMLA global configuration set to 120 minutes.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 1 month ago #314334 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Error when updating profile image
Spoof checking is unlikely to be your issue. We've long since changed it to simply use Joomlas session now for spoof check strings and no longer uses a separate cookie. So only way it can fail is the spoof check string expired (you sat on the page for a very very long time before submitting it) or your Joomla sessions are not working correctly.

Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry to see if the actual error is exposed. If not check server error logs to see what's going on.

“unknown error” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1) is a browser error. Specifically a Safari error. Ensure your browser is up to date and retry.

But there is also a comprofiler_sessions table which is empty and does not change. Is that the way it is supposed to be?

Yes, that was only used for our old captcha usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon