Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] New user not saving in CB Backend nor front-end

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #315845 by hansvanveer
Dear Team,

Since some days I encounter a problem in saving newly created members from within the backoffice CB User management environment as well as front-end.

In the backend, on creating a new user through CB>User Management> New User, once all CB fields have been completed and I hit the 'Save' or 'Save and Close' button, I see the following message :
Code:
An error has occurred. Call to Undefined method stdClass::check()

Despite having no new user being created in CB, I do however see a new user being created in the Joomla Use environment.

This error seems also to block creation of new users through the front end. The CB joomla user database tool also detects this when running.

Once in debug mode, the backoffice shows me following error:
Code:
Warning: Declaration of CBfield_textarea::_fieldEditToHtml(&$field, &$user, $reason, $tag, $type, $value, $additional, $allValues = NULL, $displayFieldIcons = true, $classes = NULL) should be compatible with cbFieldHandler::_fieldEditToHtml(&$field, &$user, $reason, $tag, $type, $value, $additional, $allValues = NULL, $displayFieldIcons = true, $classes = NULL, $translate = true) in E:\RbssBe\rbss_joomla\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbcore\cb.core.php on line 194

I assume that the same error causes also a 'crash' in the frontend when a new user tries to register. Once all fields completed and clicking the SIgnup button, a browser screen pops up indicating
Code:
Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before fillling-in.
However, refreshing does not solve the issue. Note: in these circumstances, NO new users can be found in the Joomla User DB. As such, also for the secretaries of my society, the front-end offers a work around.

I don't have a clue where to start in troubleshooting this issue. as we are approaching the new year and starting/refreshing new memberships, this became a kind of an issue.

System running:
PHP 7.2.2
Joomla 3.9.13
CB 2.4.2 build 2019.12.09
SB Subs 4.3.1 build 2019.11.20

I would appreciate any help! Many thanks in advance.

Hans Van Veer
www.rbss.be
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 10 months ago #315848 by krileon

In the backend, on creating a new user through CB>User Management> New User, once all CB fields have been completed and I hit the 'Save' or 'Save and Close' button, I see the following message :

Ensure debug mode and maximum error reporting are both enabled in Joomla global configuration then retry to see if a file and line number output with the error. Since those weren't provided I've no clue where that's coming from; there are a lot of check() calls throughout Joomla and CB as it's used to validate an object before storage. Could be caused by something installed. Recommend unpublishing non-core CB plugins in CB > Plugin Management 1 by 1 until issue goes away. If it doesn't redo this step with non-core Joomla user plugins in Extensions > Plugins.

Once in debug mode, the backoffice shows me following error:

Most be an old error log as that has long been fixed. Your line number doesn't line up with latest code either. Suggest downloading and reinstalling latest CB build to be sure your install properly updated.

I assume that the same error causes also a 'crash' in the frontend when a new user tries to register. Once all fields completed and clicking the SIgnup button, a browser screen pops up indicating

That's due to the spoof checking failing to find its access token. This doesn't use cookies anymore and is just directly using Joomla session so that error shouldn't happen unless the token expired from sitting on the page for an extended period of time without doing anything or your Joomla sessions aren't working correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #315855 by hansvanveer
Replied by hansvanveer on topic New user not saving in CB Backend nor front-end
Thank you Krileon.

When enabling debug mode with maximal reporting, I end up with this screen in the adminstrator backend.

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by hansvanveer.

4 years 10 months ago #315856 by hansvanveer
Replied by hansvanveer on topic New user not saving in CB Backend nor front-end
Hi Krileon,

Thanks to your tip, I managed to solve the issue.

I think I was already on the latest CB build.

For reference to others: It looked indeed that the third party plugin 'MultiViewCalCreator' caused the issue. After disabling this, creating users in backend as well as in frontend are working again.

Many thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon