Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Delay of first payment

• wbuk
  • wbuk
4 years 6 months ago #317635 by wbuk
CB Delay of first payment was created by wbuk
We use your WorldPay Plugin for CB Subscriptions. We have 2 customers who want a break in payment for a few months to help them through this difficult time.

WorldPay says they are unable to do this without cancelling the Future Pay Agreement. We then ask our Customer to re-sign up to a new agreement.
This is fine but we need the customer to sign up to the new agreement BEFORE we cancel the old agreement, but not have the new agreement to start taking payments until a set date.

I can't find on your subscription system where we can get them to sign up but defer the first payment until a specific date. I can see we can make the first payment 0. However, that only gives one month grace period.

How do I do this?

Web Buster UK Ltd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317638 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Delay of first payment

WorldPay says they are unable to do this without cancelling the Future Pay Agreement.

World Pay has no functionality to defer payments. So there's nothing that can be done about this. They'd have to cancel the subscription and renew it when they can. You can offer them a coupon to discount their next renewal to free if you like. If World Pay let you pause subscriptions you'd be able to pause it then edit their subscription in CBSubs > Subscriptions by clicking the # under the Id column and extending their expiration date. As far as I'm aware only PayPal and Stripe have pause functionality.

This is fine but we need the customer to sign up to the new agreement BEFORE we cancel the old agreement, but not have the new agreement to start taking payments until a set date.

For this usecase I'd make a new plan just for this scenario. It can be a copy of your previous plan. You'd then set the initial price to $0 and the duration to however long you want to defer payments (e.g. 1 month, 2 months, 1 year, etc..) then of course have your normal regular price and duration same as the other plan. That should work for your needs if I understand correctly.

I can't find on your subscription system where we can get them to sign up but defer the first payment until a specific date. I can see we can make the first payment 0. However, that only gives one month grace period.

Initial payment can have whatever duration you like so if you want it to be 2 months set the initial duration to 2 months for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon