Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Joomla 4 Alpha?

• mikerotec
  • mikerotec
4 years 6 months ago #317653 by mikerotec
Joomla 4 Alpha? was created by mikerotec
I'm testing some extensions in J4, with an eye to future development efforts.

Is CommunityBuilder compatible with J4?
I have some other stuff working just fine in there now, and would like to start testing in an environment something more like our live website
( which uses CB 2.4.4+build.2020.03.19.14.05.32.e6a0c6b92 and CBsubs 4.3.1+build.2020.03.03.22.31.48.6b6091d76 )

Can you confirm that CB/BCsubs can run pretty OK on J4 Alpha 12, and if yes, then which build ?

I'd rather not bother trying install/setup etc if its still too early and its just gonna crash and burn...

Thanks in advance!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317658 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Joomla 4 Alpha?
We have not tested CB on Joomla 4. Until it reaches a more stable state we won't be testing and modifying CB for Joomla 4 compatibility. We typically do this once an RC is out. Yes, using an alpha release is too early.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

• mikerotec
  • mikerotec
4 years 6 months ago #317663 by mikerotec
Replied by mikerotec on topic Joomla 4 Alpha?
Thanks for the confirmation! Joomla beta has been delayed for months and months, but Joomla devs have been responding we're not going to get to a J4 beta anytime soon if more people won't 'step up' and test the Alphas. Bit of a Catch-22 there..

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317669 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Joomla 4 Alpha?
You should be able to just tinker with it on the side, but I wouldn't be looking to migrate your current Joomla 3 install to Joomla 4 or anything of the sort. API issues can typically always be worked around so that's never really been a problem for us as we barely use Joomla API as is. We won't be testing for compatibility until RC or at the earliest Beta as I frankly just don't have the time.

but Joomla devs have been responding we're not going to get to a J4 beta anytime soon if more people won't 'step up' and test the Alphas.

Can you provide a source for this? That's honestly a bit insulting to the Joomla community. I don't blame any of you when my code goes wrong nor should they. Community testing is primarily to get UX feedback to ensure the UI flow is solid. Community users should not be responsible for testing code stability. So blaming the community for lack of progress seams like just trying to shift the blame from what likely is just poor leadership.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon