Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Activity public use

• activha
  • activha
4 years 6 months ago #317841 by activha
CB Activity public use was created by activha
Hello

I was wondering whether it would be possible to use CB Activity as a blog display with enabling comments from the public ?

I'd like to set a page with blog.% and let people comment on items with a captcha protection. Is that doable or do users absolutely need to register before ?

Although can we use blog categories as an asset to limit the display to pre set categories ?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317843 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity public use
CB Activity does not allow public posting or commenting yet so you won't be able to use it for that. As for commenting on blogs CB Activity already integrates with Joomla content using the CB Activity Bot you'd then set CB Blogs to use Joomla model so it stores to Joomla content and displays blogs in Joomla content component allowing the commenting to display and work, but again there is no public commenting.

As for assets you can technically use whatever you want as long as it's a string value.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
4 years 6 months ago #317847 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity public use
Do you integrate also with k2 model ?

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317850 by krileon
If K2 fires Joomla after content display event then yeah it should work fine. You'll likely need to adjust the "Include Context" parameter under the "Comments and Likes" tab of CB Activity Bot for it to output in K2 though. It should be set to whatever their article content is (guessing com_k2.article).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
4 years 6 months ago #317853 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity public use
Not even sure they use this...

If we set a menu linked to com_content new item for category A, how can we integrate new items in category A to display in CB blogs ?

That would allow us to continue using K2 for now as we don't have time now to move all of k2 to com Content

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317865 by krileon
You don't need to move your content to Joomla content. You just need to adjust the "Include Context" parameter under the "Comments and Likes" tab of CB Activity Bot for it to output in K2 like I said above. I don't use K2 so I don't know what their context is exactly, but it's probably com_k2.article for article view. If that's not correct then I recommend contact K2 and asking what the context is for the onContentAfterDisplay event in their usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon