Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Language Ovverride problem (search function not working anymore?...)

• Aless76
  • Aless76
4 years 5 months ago #318309 by Aless76
Dear Joomlapolis staff,

I found "language override search" seems not working well after latest updates...

I explain the problem:

I always use the search function inside "Italian language plugin --> override tab" to search between TRANSLATED strings and create overrides.

Since latest updates the search function doesn't show any results of TRANSLATED text... It shows only english strings (??).

So, for example, if I search "MESSAGGI" (italian translation of "messages") it finds nothing.. But if I search "MESSAGES" it finds the relative strings...

Of course I'm using the latest italian language translation pack and latest CB release, maybe is this a compatiblity issue after CB 2.4.5 update (language plugins are 2.4.4)?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Alessandro.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 5 months ago #318318 by krileon
What do you mean since latest updates? The last time the language finder was touched or language loading behavior was 11 months ago. The language finder prioritizes searching the default language keys and strings since that's what you're overriding. It will merge the currently edited language plugins strings into the defaults if it can be loaded.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Aless76
  • Aless76
4 years 5 months ago #318327 by Aless76
Hi Krileon,
I tested a little more... I discovered something strange that maybe is not a CB issue but a Joomla issue...
Anyway I explain it with two examples (and I attach some screenshoots)

1) I work with Joomla's ITALIAN language administration panel:
- I go to CB Plugins;
- I click to IT plugin (that is the italian language pack for CB);
- I go to override tab;
- I search for "UTENTE";
- the result is: "Nessuna chiave lingua o stringa corrispondenza trovata." that is "No language key or match string found." (see "italian.jpg")

2) I work with Joomla's original language (ENGLISH) administration panel:
- I go to CB Plugins;
- I click to IT plugin (that is the italian language pack for CB);
- I go to override tab;
- I search for "UTENTE";
- the result is the expected strings containing the word "UTENTE"... (see "english.jpg")

I'm working with latest Joomla and CB releases. Maybe is it a Joomla issue? No problem for me to work with english administration panel... But anyway it's strange...

Thanks and good job.

Alessandro.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 5 months ago #318328 by krileon
It's not a Joomla issue. It's just that your Italian CB language files were loaded before language finder could load them. This causes a mix up in our CBTxt API. There isn't really a reliable way to fix this except to normalize the language tags, which we've done but hasn't been merged yet as we don't have a safe solution yet (we can't risk breaking language loading for the sake for language finder). Below is the reopened ticket as it was closed by mistake.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7432

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Aless76
  • Aless76
4 years 5 months ago #318332 by Aless76
Hi Krileon,
thanks for the quick answer.
As I said, it's not a big problem as I can work with standard (english) administration panel.
Anyway it's good to know it can be solved in future. :-)

Thanks again, good job and good day.

Alessandro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon